Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Successful Migrate/Upgrade Fireboard 1.0x to Kunena 4.0

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1 by pintobuck
Very recently, I upgraded Fireboard Forum 1.0x (Kunena’s predecessor) running on Joomla 1.0x to Kunena 4.0 running on Joomla 3.51. The various posts that I read on the subject were quite old, since Fireboard Forum 1.0x is quite old and outdated. A one step upgrade did not work for me, so I thought that I should post the steps which lead to a successful upgrade.

1. Upgraded Fireboard 1.0x to Fireboard 1.5 RC2 on the old Joomla 1.0x website.

2. Installed Joomla 1.5 on a new site. Then:
(a) enabled legacy mode in Joomla 1.5
(b) installed Fireboard 1.5 RC2 on Joomla 1.5
(c) deleted the Fireboard mysql tables (they have fb in their name) from the Joomla 1.5 database.
(d) Exported the Fireboard 1.0 mysql database tables from the old Joomla 1.0x site.
(e) Imported the Fireboard 1.0 tables into the new Joomla 1.5 mysql database.
(f) Now Fireboard 1.5 RC2 was working on Joomla 1.5 with all of the old Fireboard 1.0x data.
(g) Installed Kunena 2.0 on the Joomla 1.5 site. Kunena 2.0 automatically imported content from the Fireboard mysql tables.
(h) Now Kunena 2.0 was working on Joomla 1.5 with all of the old Fireboard 1.0x content.

3. Installed Joomla 3.51 in a new website. Then:
(a) Installed Kunena 4.0.
(b) deleted the Kunena 4.0 mysql tables from the new Joomla 3.51 database.
(c) Exported the Kunena 2.0 mysql tables from Joomla 1.5, which is the site described in step 2, above.
(e) Imported the Kunena 2.0 tables into the new Joomla 3.51 database.
(f) used phpmyadmin to change the prefixes on Kunena 2.0 tables to match mysql table prefixes in Joomla 3.51.
(h) Then Kunena 4.0 worked on Joomla 3.51 with all the old content from Fireboard 1.0x.
(i) Note that I did not have any images to export and import. Other posts on this forum will show you how to do that.
(j) As Joomla Administrator/Super User go into Components/Kunena Forum/Categories and click on a category to open it. Go to Category Permissions and change Access Control Type from User Group to Access Level. Save and Close. Now do that for each of your categories. Then guests will be able to see your forum content, but only registered users or above will be able to post in the forum. Also, be sure that all of your categories are published.

I hope this helps other people who may need to upgrade a Fireboard forum to Kunena.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by pintobuck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xillibit, Shuffle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds