Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Possible way to migrate from SMF 2.0.11 to Kunena 4 on Joomla 3?

More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by mythus
Greetings,

I'm looking to bring my community back to the joomla/kunena fold. However, I can't seem to find a way to import/migrate from SMF2. I have tried to follow some steps online that talk about using Kunena 1.7 and its importer but met with failure...

1.) Kunena 1.7 wouldn't install on Joomla 3

2.) Joomla 1.5 wouldn't install - likely due to the fact that I updated my php to 5.6.

I know that you don't have an official importer tool for the current Kunena, at least one that I can find. My question is is there a way to do so, maybe through importing it to another forum than to kunena or something?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #2 by Saka
I've done conversion script that I used for SMF 2.0 -> Kunena 4.0 migration. See:
www.sakic.net/blog/
github.com/sakicnet/SMF2Kunena

Hope it can help.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by Alpine
I followed this instruction:
www.whisperwatch.com/tech/15-joomla/10-convert-smf-kunena.html

I was needed to install Joomla 2.5 for using Kunena importer and also Kunena 1.7. After succesfull import that had to run 3 times I migrated Joomla 2.5 to 3.5.

I transfer all Kunena tables in database to my new site database with phpMyAdmin. I did this also Joomla users. New site was already configured and almost ready to use. Without that it would be possible to continue using the migrated Joomla 3.5 site.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #4 by mikovirgoez23
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by mikovirgoez23.

More
7 years 6 months ago #5 by 810
We are coming soon with a service to migrate from smf.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #6 by whazzup
Any news ? It looks like SMF is slow to upgrade for PHP7 so i would like to move to kuena
forum.rsgallery2.org
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by whazzup.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds