Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Kunena and myBB

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by Annie
Kunena and myBB was created by Annie
Is there any way to migrate a forum between this two?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by harmlessdrudge
Replied by harmlessdrudge on topic Kunena and myBB
I have just looked up MyBB, which I'd never heard of, and see that it uses MySQL. I have Googled "Convert from MyBB" and found several things. Did you do this?

It may be possible / necessary to go from MyBB to Kunena via something else if you can't get from A to B in a single jump (see e.g., the description in this forum of migrating to Kunena from Ning).

In principle, given that MyBB is open source and is based on an open source database you should be able to migrate the forum. However, it may be a significant amount of work if you have to do the migration from one set of data structures to another by hand.

More
9 years 11 months ago #3 by nate25
Replied by nate25 on topic Kunena and myBB
I'm also interested in migrating from MyBB 1.6x to Kunena 3.x.

After doing a quite large amount of research the only "easy" way to migrate was a commercial one.

Is there any other way ? Even by migrating to Phpbb and then back into Kunena ?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by rafals
Replied by rafals on topic Kunena and myBB
Hi guys, have you found any free solution for migration from myBB (using 1.8)
I would even downgrade if there is any
waiting for tips, thanks :)

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds