Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Idea Codingfish "Discussions" to Kunena

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #1 by marion
Hi

I did a successful migration from "Discussions" by Codingfish to Kuena forum. Please just ask if you need any help with it.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by marion. Reason: wrong author of component

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by greeners
Hi,

I would really appreciate your experience migrating from Codingfish Discussions to Kunena.

Thanks,

:)

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by marion
Hi

Please tell me more and add a link if possible. Like that I can give you more detailled information.

More
10 years 4 months ago #4 by Jiminimonka
If you have information on how to migrate to Kunena from Codingfish Discussions, then please post it here for everyone to read.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #5 by greeners
I have Codingfish Discussions 1.6.1 installed in a Joomla 2.5 site, hosted in a LAMP server.

Only registered users can access the discussions forum (so cannot post a link). It works pretty well, but I doubt I will get a Joomla v3 compatible version - hence attraction of migration to Kunena.

I don't want to loose the posts already in the Discussions forums, so if I can extract and import into Kunena and maintain the metadata, I will.

How did you do it? SQL scripts?
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by greeners.

More
9 years 8 months ago #6 by Asklepios
Hello,

I also need to migrate from com_discussions to kunena. I am a webdesigner but no coder. so doing it with mysql is not an option for me. i need someone to do it for me. would also pay EUR 50,- is someone helps me out here.

i tried to install com_kunenaimporter but it didn`t work. seems like this migrator hasnt been updated for some years. any help is greatly appreciated.

please write me a pm or an email to:
jo.korntheuer[AT]mmoscout.net

thanks,

joe

More
9 years 8 months ago #7 by sallymc19
I would like some help migrating please...
Could someone reply with instructions if possible?
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds