Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Migrating from PAWS v0.5

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by Banshee
Hi,

I am trying to migrate from a forum of unknown creater.

This is how the layout of the old forum looks like :

Tablename : paws_category
NameType
idint(10)
namevarchar(255)
cat_orderint(10)

Tablename : paws_forum
NameType
idint(10)
id_categoryint(10)
namevarchar(255)
descriptionvarchar(255)
forum_orderint(10)
stateint(1)
nb_topicsint(11)
nb_postsint(11)
id_last_answerint(11)

Tablename : paws_forum_topics
NameType
idint(10)
id_forumint(10)
id_authorint(11)
titlevarchar(255)
stateint(10)
date_topicint(14)
id_last_answerint(11)
nb_postint(11)

Tablename : paws_forum_answer
NameType
idint(10)
id_topicint(10)
id_authorint(11)
contenttext
date_answer14
id_editint(11)

I have runned this SQL commands :

INSERT INTO `pv2qz_kunena_categories` (id,name,ordering,access,pub_access,published)
SELECT tb2.id, tb2.name, tb2.cat_order, 1,1,1 FROM `paws_forum_category` as tb2

INSERT INTO `pv2qz_kunena_categories` (id,name,description, numTopics,access,pub_access,published)
SELECT tb2.id, tb2.name, tb2.description, (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `paws_forum_topics` as tb3 WHERE id_forum = tb2.id), 1,1,1 FROM `paws_forum` as tb2

INSERT INTO `pv2qz_kunena_topics` (id,subject,posts,last_post_id, first_post_id, category_id, first_post_time,last_post_time,last_post_guest_name)
SELECT tb2.id, tb2.title, tb2.nb_post, tb2.id_last_answer, id_author, id_forum, date_topic,date_topic, 'Okänd' FROM `paws_forum_topics` as tb2

This will add all forums and topics but the posts will not work it says that I have no access. It would also be grate to bound this posts to users that also needs to be migrated but its not a most.

Pleas help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
What forum are you migrating from?

The access denied for the newly migrated forums might be a matter of going into the Kunena Category Manager and setting the Permissions for each category.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by Banshee
Replied by Banshee on topic Migrating from PAWS v0.5
The system Im trying to migrate from is called PAWS v0.5 but I can´t find any information about it.

You can find the site here : ibsforum.se/

All the categorys is set to Public(access: joomla.level). If I visist the admin page for Kunena and open a(any) category and set a setting for example change the publiced status and hit save I get the following exception : Category 1 could not be saved: Cannot save category: Alias 'ibs' has already been taken.

I suspect that any of the flags is not correct set?

When on the webpage I can visit all categories but when visiting a thread I get Access Denied.

More
10 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Migrating from PAWS v0.5
According to what I read , PAWS (PHP Automatic Web Site) v0.5 was released on 20 October 2005 and there does not seem to have been any activity with it after that time

More
10 years 7 months ago #5 by Banshee
Hehe yes that was what I thought, its a old system that should have been switched out for a long time ago.

As I said befor, even if it would be nice to import users the most important thing is to import threads under correct caterogies.

You can see that I have tried to do that with the simple insert statements above but the threads is not possible to read(access denied) and I suspect that somthing is not correct setup becouse saving a existing category in admin mode throws already existing exception?

I have posted how the datamodel of Paws looks like, its simple but its not easy to know how to fill in the missing information to the kunena forum.

More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Migrating from PAWS v0.5
Hello,

You want to migrate to Kunena 3.0.1 ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 7 months ago #7 by Banshee
Yes, thats correct.

More
10 years 7 months ago #8 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Migrating from PAWS v0.5
You have forgot to fill some Kunena tables which are important too :

#__kunena_messages_text
#__kunena_messages
#__kunena_user_topics

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 7 months ago #9 by Banshee
Okay, the message text is stored in #__kunena_messages_text and the #__kunena_messages only holds meta data about the post/message.

You say that #__kunena_user_topics is a must, does this mean that I should first import all the users and then bind them in some way to the correct message? If so, do you got any information on how to migrate users from another platform to joomla/kunena?

More
10 years 7 months ago #10 by Banshee
Hi,

I have now updated my SQL Script as follows :

//Categories
INSERT INTO `pv2qz_kunena_categories` (id,name,ordering,access,pub_access,published)
SELECT tb2.id, tb2.name, tb2.cat_order, 1,1,1 FROM `paws_forum_category` as tb2

//Forum
INSERT INTO `pv2qz_kunena_categories` (id,name,description, numTopics,numPosts,access,pub_access,published,parent_id)
SELECT tb2.id, tb2.name, tb2.description, (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `paws_forum_topics` as tb3 WHERE id_forum = tb2.id),
(SELECT COUNT(*) + (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `paws_forum_topics` as tb3 WHERE id_forum = tb2.id) FROM `paws_forum_answer` pfa INNER JOIN `paws_forum_topics` as pft ON (pfa.id_topic=pft.id) WHERE pft.id_forum=tb2.id),
1,1,1, tb2.id_category + 100 FROM `paws_forum` as tb2

//Threads
INSERT INTO `pv2qz_kunena_topics` (id,subject,posts,last_post_id, first_post_id, category_id, first_post_time,last_post_time,last_post_guest_name)
SELECT tb2.id, tb2.title, tb2.nb_post, tb2.id_last_answer, id_author, id_forum, date_topic,date_topic, 'Okänd' FROM `paws_forum_topics` as tb2

//Messages
INSERT INTO `pv2qz_kunena_messages` (id,thread,catid,name, subject, time)
SELECT tb2.id, tb2.id_topic, (SELECT tb3.id_forum FROM `paws_forum_topics` tb3 WHERE tb3.id=tb2.id_topic),'Okänd', 'Okänd', tb2.date_answer FROM `paws_forum_answer` as tb2

//Messages Text
INSERT INTO `pv2qz_kunena_messages_text` (mesid,message)
SELECT tb2.id, tb2.content FROM `paws_forum_answer` as tb2

This will import all forums, topics and answers. Users will not be bound so the author will be unknown.

I do however still have problems in the admin section of Kunena. When trying to update a category I get the Cannot save category: Alias 'ibs' has already been taken.. I most have missed a setting somwhere in the SQL script?

The pv2qz_kunena_user_topics is not set? why is this important? Right now the users is not imported and Im not sure if this even is possible? Can´t messages, topics and so on exists without a creater?

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds