Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question phpBB 3.0 to Kunena

More
10 years 8 months ago #11 by Biggar
It's the first reply in this topic.
He does seem to know his stuff, but I can't confirm it indeed works, since I in the end I did manage to update the version to 3.0.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #12 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic phpBB 3.0 to Kunena
Thanks. Yes, Elin knows her stuff.

More
10 years 8 months ago #13 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic phpBB 3.0 to Kunena

sozzled wrote: The only real uncertainty I have with Jiminomonka's suggestion is whether you can directly copy J! 2.5 user tables to J! 3.x and expect things to work. There may be structural differences between J! 2.5! and J! 3.x that get in the way. It may be better to do as Jiminimonka suggests (i.e. do the data import on a J! 2.5 system using K 1.7.2, then upgrade to K 3.0.1) and then migrate your J 2.5 test bed to J! 3.1.4 before your export the data tables.

I have not exported J! 2.5 users to a J! 3.1 site, so I'm not sure of the consequences here. Anecdotally , what I've heard hasn't been very reassuring.

The User tables in J2.5 and J3.1 are the same, I did the exact same thing I suggested to migrate Kunena to a new website from 2.5 to 3.1.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 8 months ago #14 by Jiminimonka

Biggar wrote: So I tried migrating Joomla 2.5.13 to 3.1.4, but I can't seem to make it work. Using short term support doesn't show any new updates, not even when I purge the update cache. I have deleted all (well, the ones that could be deleted...) icompatable extentions, but I cannot find the update any where.

I couldn't find a way to migrate manually, are there any alternatives to the one click update?

I would recommend you do not do that upgrade from 2.5 to 3.1 using the Short Term Support version to trick Joomla into updating. That is the very reason why in the end I dumped my database and made a clean 3.1 installation. The method on the Joomla forums may work for some people but its never worked for me, I always have a failure somewhere.

Please read the FAQ.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #15 by Biggar
Replied by Biggar on topic phpBB 3.0 to Kunena

sozzled wrote: Thanks. Yes, Elin knows her stuff.

If only English had a working gender-neutral pronoun... :blush:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Biggar.

More
10 years 8 months ago #16 by engendro666
Replied by engendro666 on topic phpBB 3.0 to Kunena
I did migration and apparently all goes well. Surely someone with more experience in joomla find an easier way. Always use phpbb I'm very newbie in joomla. anyway I tell you the steps I did.

I have a Joomla (3.1.5) and phpbb 3.11 working so, I did these step IN LOCALHOST:

1- Install fresh joomla 2.5.X + Kunena 1.7.2 + Kunena Importer 1.7.1
2- Install phpbb 3.11 with my old DB.
3- Run the importer many times as was needed. I cant import all topcs and users on first try, tooks me 3 times.
4- Sync users, check if all goes well then Back up of db.
5- Update Kunena 1.7 to 2.04 then to last release. 1 click update dont works, so I put files on tmp folder.
6- check if all goes well then Back up of db again.
7- At this point start the headaches but I'll skip. Update 2.5 to 3.x is really a bs. I do it anyway on this way: J2.5x to J3.1 (derect to 3.5 was impossible), I get a lot of errors about cache and another things but anyway I just wanna update my db....
8- Update db again then 3.1 to 3.1.5, I dont had any error at this time but for make a clean install with my old users on it I proceed to next step:
9- Install a fresh J3.1.5 with last version of kunena, then from the db updated export only what I need (users and kunena tables).
And thats is all, I dont upload this db to my live site yet, I still testing if I find something I will post it here, but I think is all OK -

and sorry for my bad english :)

More
10 years 8 months ago #17 by theronin
Replied by theronin on topic phpBB 3.0 to Kunena
I will be attempting to do this from a phpBB 3.03 forum to a Joomla 3.1.4 / JomSocial 3RC2 / Kunena 2.0.4 build.

If anyone has tried migrating from such an older version of phpBB, please do share your experience.

Thanks.

More
10 years 7 months ago #18 by Samson
Replied by Samson on topic phpBB 3.0 to Kunena
Hello,

this method worked for me, partially. I was not able to import polls and attachments. But this would not be a problem.

But real problem is: when importing to kunena 1.7.2 and updating step by step to joomla 3.1.5 and Kunana 3, everything works fine. When I copy db-tables (all of kunena) to my existing joomla installation, then all posts and topics are there. But no post is related to the owner. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Regards
Samson

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #19 by marijone
Replied by marijone on topic phpBB 3.0 to Kunena
Hi everyone! I don’t really understand why you have to do all this stuff. I mean to install joomla 2.5.X, phpBB, then update and on and on. I just pointed source and target website URLs and downloaded "bridge" file to migrate from phpbb to kunena. This is the link to the resource I used: ***removed by moderator***
Hope this helped you
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
10 years 7 months ago #20 by Jiminimonka

marijone wrote: Hi everyone! I don’t really understand why you have to do all this stuff. I mean to install joomla 2.5.X, phpBB, then update and on and on. I just pointed source and target website URLs and downloaded "bridge" file to migrate from phpbb to kunena. This is the link to the resource I used: ***removed by moderator***
Hope this helped you

I removed your link. I will tell you why we do all this stuff. Kunena is FREE, Joomla is FREE. phpBB is FREE. If a web site maker wants to learn how to migrate a forum, the can learn how to do it for free using these and other free support forums. They dont have to spend money using a paid for service, and they will be better equipped to deal with issues on their site (or sites) in the future.

Please read the FAQ.

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds