Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Migrating from phpBB3: view counts lost (that is, they are all zero)

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by Andyman
When migrating from PHPBB3, the view counts for each topic were somehow lost. All the topics reverted to 0 views. Is there a quick way to restore the view information (I still have the PHPBB3 forum in place to use as the source)? If not, is there a way to remove the view count column from Kunena 3?

Thanks again for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by Andyman
OK, judging by the lack of replies, restoring the view count data is either very difficult or nobody knows how. :)

So, I guess I'll opt for plan B and hide the view count column. Anybody have information on how to do that?

Thanks in advance for your help!

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by Andyman

More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by Jiminimonka
I have made enquiries and will get back to you with an answer. However, why is the number of views important, popular topics and discussions will get views anyway. Just tell your users you moved over to a new forum component and the view counts got reset?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 8 months ago #5 by Jiminimonka
Kunena stores the number of views in the table xxxx_kunena_topics (indexes, hits) where xxxx is whatever your Joomla database prefix is set to.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 8 months ago #6 by Matias
If you used migration to Kunena 1.6 and went from there to Kunena 3.0, the old version used to store hits in the first message of each topic as there was no topic table.

Hits might be a bit hard to add if you used our older migration script as it changes all topic ids to match the first post in every topic.

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds