Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Migrate data from Snitz 2000 forum to Kunena

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by vetC5
Jommla 2.5.8
Kunena 2.0.4

Is it possible to import a *.mdb db from an old forum to Kunena?

If so, how?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Sounds like a custom job worth a few hundred dollars to me (just my opinion of course). I've never heard of it being done successfully.

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by vetC5
Ok, is there are other formats you can import from - sql, txt files, etc..

I'm an IT expert, so if a conversion from *. Mdb to another format is an option, it can also be done.

Or is it only possible to create a new db in joomla / Kunena and start from nothing?

More
10 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

vetC5 wrote: Is it only possible to create a new db in joomla / Kunena and start from nothing?

Basically that's what happens when you install Kunena. I'm not sure if I completely understand the question you're asking.

I'm also not sure how converting from a single MS Access database will address the problem. My first suggestion to you is to read (as background) I want to migrate my forum to Kunena ... :dry:

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by vetC5
Maybe I have not been clear enough.

I have a client running on an old Snitz 2000 Forum and he wants to switch to a new forum.
I can export the database from Snitz 2000 to an access db. *.Mdb

I now i have find a forum that can import data from the old Snitz 2000 and have looked at Kunena.

I thought there was a small plugin or script that could do it.

Should there be some who have tried to migrate a *.mdb db to mysql, I will love here about it :)

If I find a solution, I write it here ....

have a nice day.

Time to create page: 0.568 seconds