Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Convert from phpBB3 / SMF to K 2.0.4

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Goldi
hi
is there any converter from phpbb3/smf scripts to latest version of kunena?
thx for reply
greetz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 days ago #2 by lukescotty
Has anyone got a solution for this as I've just converted my VB4 to Phpbb3 and now I need to convert it again to get it to Kunena.

Kind regards
Luke

More
11 years 5 days ago #3 by lukescotty
Hiya guys

Very frustrated, wanting to convert to kunena, I'm not bothered how many conversions I need to do to get there, but i'm converting from VBulletin 4 to kunena. I thought VB4 to Phpbb3 then to kunena would work, but now i'm at the phpbb3 stage, i cant find anywhere on how to convert it to Kunena

Thanks for reading, I hope you can help

Regards
Luke

More
11 years 5 days ago #4 by coder4life
Sorry there is no way to convert from other Forum software to current versions of Kunena at the moment. We will be making an effort to fix this later, however our team is more focused on improving key areas of Kunena that have been slow moving in the past.

More
10 years 4 months ago #5 by sridd
There is the way to convert your current forums to Kunena www.cms2cms.com/supported-cms/joomla-kunena/ . Plus, it is very simple process.

More
10 years 3 months ago #6 by ThunderVamp9
Might be simple, but in my case it'll also be $99. A touch much for a forum migration.

More
10 years 3 months ago #7 by xillibit
Hello,

You take a look here : github.com/Kunena/com_kunenaimporter/blo...dels/export_smf2.php , this need to be tested before but you have the process

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 3 months ago #8 by mjind
Who has used them for SMF 2.x.x to Kunena 2.x.x ?

www.cms2cms.com/supported-cms/simple-mac...la-kunena-migration/

Thiscould be worht it someday.

I once used these guys to go from Shopify to Magento, and it was okay service, not quite as flawless as advertised IIRC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sheyd

More
10 years 2 months ago #9 by SexyMolicious
We have older forums that are SMF and want to get them to kunena. Not willing to pay for migration, going to try the script posted by xillibit and see if we can make it work.

This thread is a month old so if there is a better way that we have come up with by now, please let me know.

Thanks!

SexyMo

More
10 years 1 month ago #10 by Oceander

SexyMolicious wrote: We have older forums that are SMF and want to get them to kunena. Not willing to pay for migration, going to try the script posted by xillibit and see if we can make it work.

This thread is a month old so if there is a better way that we have come up with by now, please let me know.

Thanks!

SexyMo

I have the same issue - moving an SMF forum to Kunena - and would like to know if you tried that script, and if so whether it worked.

Time to create page: 2.287 seconds