Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Solved Migrating PHPBB to Kunena in Joomla 2.5

More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by Evangeline93
Hello!

I am new to Kunena and I wanted to migrate from PHPBB to Kunena. I found a tutorial on how to do it in Joomla 1.5, but I am using Joomla 2.5 and I imagine that PHPBB and Kunena have changed quite a bit since then, as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences that could help me in this endeavor? :sick:

Thank you!

Jennifer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Jennifer, and welcome to Kunena.

Let me start by saying that converting from phpBB to Kunena is not my specialty. If I had to find information on how to go about such a conversion, I would start by looking at the recent discussions that we've had on this subject >>> here <<< with the expectation that there is something in those topics that would assist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evangeline93

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Evangeline93
Thank you! I have successfully done it! it was hard, but I did it! I will write up how at some point and post it here!

Jennifer

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds