Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Solved phpBB3 > Kunena v2.x migrator / importer?

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by stuartoh
Hi

OK, so maybe I need new reading glasses, but I can't find any info or links to a forum migration / importer tool for phpBB3 > Kunena v2.x. Is this tool now defunct? I remember it existed for Kunena v1.7.x

If this tool still exists, are there any download links anywhere?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
The tool is not defunct but you are correct that there currently no Kunena Forum Importer component designed for K 2.x.

People can still download Kunena Forum Importer 1.7.1 but this only works to convert other forums to K 1.7. It's a simple matter after that to upgrade to K 2.0.

The current workload of the development team has been overwhelming. When the development team members find time (or if someone is prepared to sponsor this work) I am sure they will get around to writing a forum importer tool for K 2.x (or K 3.x as the case may eventually be).
The following user(s) said Thank You: stuartoh

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by stuartoh
Thanks, that's perfect - I still have a 1.7.x release, so could do it that way with that importer :)

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds