Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Solved phpBB3 > Kunena v2.x migrator / importer?

More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by stuartoh
Hi

OK, so maybe I need new reading glasses, but I can't find any info or links to a forum migration / importer tool for phpBB3 > Kunena v2.x. Is this tool now defunct? I remember it existed for Kunena v1.7.x

If this tool still exists, are there any download links anywhere?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
The tool is not defunct but you are correct that there currently no Kunena Forum Importer component designed for K 2.x.

People can still download Kunena Forum Importer 1.7.1 but this only works to convert other forums to K 1.7. It's a simple matter after that to upgrade to K 2.0.

The current workload of the development team has been overwhelming. When the development team members find time (or if someone is prepared to sponsor this work) I am sure they will get around to writing a forum importer tool for K 2.x (or K 3.x as the case may eventually be).
The following user(s) said Thank You: stuartoh

More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by stuartoh
Thanks, that's perfect - I still have a 1.7.x release, so could do it that way with that importer :)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds