Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

× This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question Redirect phpBB to Kunena posts

More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by edmarholanda
Previously it was in my phpbb forum. I migrated to Kunena. Very good! But all the old addresses phpbb are wrong now. Google keeps trying to index the old addresses phpbb. There are nearly 30,000 pages that have "disappeared".

My Kunena forum is still not indexed. My visits have decreased by half with this problem.

Is there any way to redirect the old pages from phpbb to Kunena?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled

edmarholanda wrote: Is there any way to redirect the old pages from phpbb to Kunena?

I have no idea. If I have properly understood your question, if you're still using your phpBB forum then, whatever is in your phpBB forum is still there - unchanged - in your phpBB forum. The Kunena Forum Importer component (which converts from phpBB to K 1.7.x) leaves your original phpBB forum untouched. What the Kunena Forum Importer component does is to create the necessary Joomla table structures and place them in your Joomla website. In effect, a phpBB forum is a self-contained website in its own right. It's possible (as I understand it) for you to "bridge" your Joomla website to a phpBB-based forum (or to link your Joomla website to use a phpBB-based forum hosted elsewhere) whereas, with Kunena, you don't need to bridge anything.

Therefore, I'm not really sure how to go about giving you a more helpful response. Perhaps someone else may have some better ideas for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds