Blue Eagle 5 v1.5.4 has been Released (13 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena template Blue Eagle 5 v1.5.4 which is now available for download. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in development.

× This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question How to migrate phpbb3 to kunena?

More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by detailer
Hi,

How can i migrate phpbb to kunena? is there any automatic way or converter to do this?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #2 by FAN
I have just gotten my forum migrated to Kunena. I was using a very old version of Webwiz.
The migration was done by www.gconverter.com and I'm very satisfied about the conversion.
It will cost you around $100 but it saved me a lot of money hiring a PHP developer to do it by hand.
So if you can afford it and don't want to spend much time it is a good option.

They can provide you with a table of all the old message-IDs and the new ones, so you can take care of all the Google links to your forum (very important).

For security reasons they generate a new password for each user. They provide a mail tool to mail all your users. This has been working well for many users, I had some trouble with it. My advice: test carefully. I was lucky enough to have email marketing software for my newsletters, so I ended up using that software to send all my users a mail with their new details.

If you take that in account, I can surely recommend this service.

See my new forum? Have a look at www.fan.tv/forum
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by FAN.

More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

You can use too Kunena importer : www.kunena.org/forum/191-kunena-forum-importer-c

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds