Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question How to migrate phpbb3 to kunena?

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by detailer
Hi,

How can i migrate phpbb to kunena? is there any automatic way or converter to do this?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #2 by FAN
I have just gotten my forum migrated to Kunena. I was using a very old version of Webwiz.
The migration was done by www.gconverter.com and I'm very satisfied about the conversion.
It will cost you around $100 but it saved me a lot of money hiring a PHP developer to do it by hand.
So if you can afford it and don't want to spend much time it is a good option.

They can provide you with a table of all the old message-IDs and the new ones, so you can take care of all the Google links to your forum (very important).

For security reasons they generate a new password for each user. They provide a mail tool to mail all your users. This has been working well for many users, I had some trouble with it. My advice: test carefully. I was lucky enough to have email marketing software for my newsletters, so I ended up using that software to send all my users a mail with their new details.

If you take that in account, I can surely recommend this service.

See my new forum? Have a look at www.fan.tv/forum
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by FAN.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

You can use too Kunena importer : www.kunena.org/forum/191-kunena-forum-importer-c

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds