Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that relate to migrating from other web-based forums and converting the data into a form that will operate with Kunena.

It is important to note that the Kunena team does not have a standard, recommended or supported protocol for these ideas and that posting questions in this category may not receive advice from team members.

Question How would I export the users on a phpBB forum on a different site to another site running Kunena?

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by PCFlip
I searched around a bit but couldnt find an answer so if I missed it, sorry ^^;; if you could kindly link me to it that would be much appreciated.

Anyhow I have one site running phpBB and Im building a new site on a new domain running Kunena, I would like to move the users to the Kunena forum. Is there a exporter/importer ability? what would I need to do.

Thank you for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled

PCFlip wrote: Is there a [phpBB] exporter/importer available?

Yes. See the download page for more information.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by PCFlip
is there a guide on how to use this? the phpb3 forums is on pcflip.com/forums and the new kunena forums is at interestingreviews.com, interestingreviews.com/index.php/forum-2

thanks again for your time.

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
I'm not aware of any guide. I haven't looked for one. I think it's reasonably intuitive to work out. I haven't tried to import a phpBB forum myself.

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds