Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This category is only for discussing add-on software products for K 3.0 that were obtained on the download page . Topics about other products obtained from other sources will be deleted.

Other add-ons that were developed by the Kunena team - but no longer maintained - are available on an "as is" basis. People who use these products do so at their own risk.

This category is for the community to share their experiences and to develop their own solutions to problems that they may encounter. Please note that the adminstrators and team moderators are not obligated to reply to topics in this category.

Solved Change the default search option in version 3.0.1?

More
10 years 6 months ago #1 by smkamin
I am trying to change the 'Find Posts from' search option in v3.0.1. I have seen the posts on how to do this in much earlier version, but I am not able to find the file mentioned to make the change. ("you need to edit the code in file lib/kunena.search.class.php in line 50 (defaults).")

Any help is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #2 by smkamin
Found my answer - it took a bit more digging in the forum, but it is the same as for v2.0+

www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-General-Quest...ptions-on-kunena-2-0
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by smkamin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Taz_1999

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #3 by Taz_1999
It is the same on latest version, 3.0.5.

Open this file: /components/com_kunena/models/search.php

Around line 57:

Change this:
Code:
$value = JRequest::getString ( 'searchdate', 365);

to
Code:
$value = JRequest::getString ( 'searchdate', 'all' );

What I find really strange is that this thing is applied to BOTH a searchbox in a module and the settings under the tab "Advanced search". Why would you do that?

Also, would that be an excellent addition to the userinterface to be able to set this in one of three places? Plugin, module or Kunena settings?
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Taz_1999.

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds