Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Avatar Resize Failure

More
6 years 11 months ago #1 by theITfactor
Hello,

I'm using the Kunena latest module to show the latest posts, and I have it set to show Avatars with 100% quality with Bicubic resizing method from a gallery. All the gallery images are the same size, transparent PNGs. They display fine when full size and in the jComments latest comments module, but in the Kunena Latest Module, they either get a black background added to them, or they have 3/4 quadrants rendered and the last one transparent.

Example:

Resized

Original

Any idea what's causing this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Avatar Resize Failure

they either get a black background

The black color is adopted from the alpha channel.
For such simple pictures you don't need Bicubic resizing method. Is more suitable for photos. Use Interpolation.
Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #3 by theITfactor
Replied by theITfactor on topic Avatar Resize Failure

rich wrote:

they either get a black background

The black color is adopted from the alpha channel.
For such simple pictures you don't need Bicubic resizing method. Is more suitable for photos. Use Interpolation.

I switched the configuration back to Interpolation, cleared cache, and deleted the subfolder in /media/kunena/avatars/resized/size36/gallery that contained the avatars. A new folder was created and the avatars were resized again, however the issue still persists - there is a chunk missing from the top left corner.

Another example:

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by theITfactor.

More
6 years 11 months ago #4 by rich
You have also uploaded the avatar again? The resize happens during the upload.

More
6 years 11 months ago #5 by theITfactor

rich wrote: You have also uploaded the avatar again? The resize happens during the upload.

They are Gallery avatars, not user-uploaded avatars. I deleted the folder containing them in /media/kunena/avatars/gallery and re-uploaded. This reset all the avatars to default. I went to my profile and selected one from the newly uploaded gallery, and the same issue occurred again in the Kunena Latest Module.

More
6 years 11 months ago #6 by rich
Yes I have seen it now. Your image is corrupt. Use this image and it will work.
Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #7 by theITfactor

rich wrote: Yes I have seen it now. Your image is corrupt. Use this image and it will work.

Do you know what part of it was corrupt? I have to fix 180 of those - hopefully I can just run them through Imagemagick to batch re-save and fix?

EDIT: Changing the max height/width from 36px by 36px to 90px by 90px and just resizing via CSS worked as a temporary fix. Would still be interested to know why 36px by 36px resizes break but the larger resizes do not?
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by theITfactor.

More
6 years 11 months ago #8 by rich
If you use the avatar gallery then change the resized images in :
/media/kunena/avatars/resized/size42/gallery/
and
/media/kunena/avatars/resized/size36/gallery/

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds