Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question in the latest topics to show only the first post

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #1 by gerasim
Hi

Please help me, how to in the latest topics to show only the first post in the topic. At this moment show only last post.

Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by gerasim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #2 by rich
As the name suggests, the module means Kunena Latest. There is no way to show the first post. You come to the post which was last written.

More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by buzz50
Further to this:

Do any of you know of a module that can show the latest topic rather than the latest post to the latest topic?

i.e. give a link to the latest topic rather than the latest post to that topic?

For new readers the latest post to a topic often means very little to them if they have not read the first post, i.e. the topic ;)

[img

Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
I will be completely honest with you: I haven't played with the Kunena Latest module options for more than a year and I really don't remember if it's possible or not possible to set an option so that, if a person creates or updates a topic, the link goes to the first message in the topic or the last message in the topic.

I thought it was possible to do this; I could be wrong, of course :laugh:

My guess is to use the setting:

Module Output = Latest Topics

... but, as I said, I haven't played with the module for such a long time and I cannot remember what is the target of the output link displayed when you use the module like that. The target may go to the first post or the last post in the topic (I really don't remember).

More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by buzz50
Thank you sozzled for this reply.

shows the 1 latest post to each topic dependant on the Post Limit

Module Output = Latest Posts
shows latest posts and could have many posts from the same topic if they were all the latest up to the Post Limit

What I would like a hack for is so that:
shows the original first post that started the topic

I am hoping that there is somewhere in the SQL code that I can order by ASC to get the 1st rather than the last.

Any suggestions anybody?

I can and will simply write a little code for a Flexi Custom Code module to pull these out without using Kunena Latest but it seems a shame to do this.

[img

Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds