Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Can the module show only unread topics?

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by fribse
Can I add a filter so that it only shows unread topics?
I can see that it can mark new posts, so it is aware of new vs. read topics, the question if it can be set up to only show unread topics.

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
In response to a slightly different question about Kunena Latest module, I wrote:

sozzled wrote:

proterra wrote: Want to show only latest comments /answers per thread not per board.

I am not sure I understand question. The Kunena Latest module has the following output options:

Module Output
  1. Latest Topics
  2. Latest Posts
  3. No Replies *
  4. Subscriptions *
  5. Favorites *
  6. Own Topics *
  7. Deleted Posts *
  8. Thank Yous Given *
  9. Usr Posts *

Choose What You Want Display On Subject Title
  1. Nothing
  2. Subject
  3. Content

There are also three other optionsI have never used the options that I have marked with an asterisk (*) but I think you want to use the options

Module Output = Latest Posts
Choose What You Want Display On Subject Title = Subject

perhaps?

As you can see from my response, I have listed all the available "filters" - output options - that are available in the current version of the Kunena Latest module. If you do not find what you are looking for in those options then, I am sorry, we cannot help you further with this question at this time (unless, of course, you would be willing to pay someone to add some extra feature into the module).

We should remember that the idea of seeing details of "unread topics" only makes sense to people who have to login to to your site. The Kunena Latest module is designed to be placed on your site's home page (i.e. possibly as a form of "forum advertisement"). In other words, if a visitor/guest passes by your site they would see details of the lastest messages posted on your forum before they've logged in. But one has to ask the question, how would the site know that some information hasn't been "seen" before if that user hasn't logged in? Taking this to the next logical step, if a person logs in, surely they would go to the forum page to see what topics are new, wouldn't they? So, having the Kunena Latest module display the details of "new/unread posts" does not logically seem to me to offer any benefit over and above the features that already exist when people login to your site and visit your forum page; but that's just my personal opinion.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 month ago #3 by fribse
Hi sozzled

I'm using two 'latest' modules, one for my visitors, shown in a 'left' column, that shows latest posts, and one for my members on the top of the page. They are not shown at the same time, ie. the one in the left is hidden for members.
My members all know there is a forum, and for them it would be nice to see what the unreads are, without having to go to the forum page.
It would be nice to have in a future version :-)

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

More
10 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
There's also the option to pay someone to add the extra functionality, isn't there? ;)

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds