Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the module developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Display Category Icons in Kunena Latest module

More
10 years 4 months ago #1 by jthrongard
I've dug through the code of this module but I can't for the life of me figure out a way to display the topic's category icon instead of the topic's icon. Anyone have any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
Hi jthrongard,

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Have you looked at the wiki page Category Icons ?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by Matias
Interesting question -- I think nobody has never thought about that.

It should be pretty easy to make custom template that displays category icons on topics, but it does need some PHP skills to do that.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #4 by jthrongard
Yeah like I say I've opened the file modules/mod_kunenalatest/tmpl/posts_row.php and found the following line:
Code:
<?php elseif ( $this->params->get ( 'sh_topiciconoravatar' ) == 0 ) : ?> <li class="klatest-topicicon"><?php echo $this->getTopicLink ( $this->topic, 'unread', '[K=TOPIC_ICON ]' ) ?></li> <?php endif; ?>

Which seems easy enough to switch over to something like:
Code:
<?php elseif ( $this->params->get ( 'sh_topiciconoravatar' ) == 0 ) : ?> <li class="klatest-topicicon"><?php echo $this->getTopicLink ( $this->topic, 'unread', '[K=CATEGORY_ICON ]' ) ?></li> <?php endif; ?>

But that does nothing. Any suggestions?

Edit:

Well that's weird, in my above to snippets K=TOPIC_ICON is missing from the two quotes in the first and K=CATEGORY_ICON from the second, yet if I go to edit the post they show in the preview as they should....another bug? Or apparently brackets aren't allowed?
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Matias.

More
10 years 4 months ago #5 by Matias
I don't think it works as the second variable isn't rendered in that code. Actually now that you did this, I'm not sure if category icon code is available in that view.

Nonetheless, I like the idea and added it into my growing idea list.

More
10 years 4 months ago #6 by jthrongard
So would it not be possible to make the category icon available in that view (sorry but rudimentary PHP skills)?

Time to create page: 0.676 seconds