Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena Lates Module Configuration

More
3 years 2 months ago #1 by Christophg
Hello...
I cannot find a solution on any posts.
I think I have exhausted every configuration, without success.
No topics or posts are visible. What am I missing?
The latest joomla and kunena versions are installed.

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Thanks ... Christoph

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 768M | Max file upload: 256M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.7 | creationdate: 2018-11-20

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.7 | 2018-11-20 [ Hyperion ]
        | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #2 by rich
Please do not use the browser back and forwards button if you've added an attachment. Kunena recognize this as abort and the image get no message ID. As you can see your image is not here. But it's indifferent now, because I know already your setting from your first post in the other topic.
I think, this error is caused by your wrong configured menu items. Remove these items or change these to Menu Item Type = Menu Item Alias (see image).
docs.kunena.org/en/troubleshooting/menu-issues
docs.kunena.org/en/faq/kunena-menu
The red marked menu items are not accessible, so I assume that they are only visible to registered users. This would also not work if menu items with the same target have different access permissions.

More
3 years 2 months ago #3 by Christophg
Hello Rich ...
Thanks for your patience, quick and detailed reply.
I have tried the Menu Item Type = Menu Item Alias approach and have also deleted the menus, but have not had success. The results are just too many to describe. Therefor I am abandoning the use of the module at this time. I may try again in the future and keep you posted.
I have been using Kunena from almost its beginning and it has performed flawlessly for me through all its upgrades. It is an extremely easy and self-intuitive program. I find Kunena to be a fabulous product.
Thanks again for your help time and help ... Christoph

More
3 years 2 months ago #4 by Christophg
Hello Rich ...
Being too stubborn to know when to quit, I went at it again. Prior to, however, I upgraded from Kunena 5.17 to 5.2.2. There now appears to be no menu conflicts, even without changing to Menu Item Type = Menu Item Alias. I'm not going to complain about this blessing in disguise.

On another note (should I write a separate ticket?), I noticed that the module replaces the original author's avatar and name with the latest comment author. In my case, this would make one tend to believe that the comment author is the originator of the recipe or original topic. Can this be changed so that the avatar and name of the original topic author is not changed to the comment author? . I am not a programmer, so changing code is not an option for me.

Thanks again for all your help ... Christoph

More
3 years 2 months ago #5 by rich

There now appears to be no menu conflicts, even without changing to Menu Item Type = Menu Item Alias. I'm not going to complain about this blessing in disguise.

Errors that are caused by this do not necessarily occur immediately. But when these occur, the most users don't know where the suddenly errors are coming from.

I noticed that the module replaces the original author's avatar and name with the latest comment author. In my case, this would make one tend to believe that the comment author is the originator of the recipe or original topic. Can this be changed so that the avatar and name of the original topic author is not changed to the comment author? . I am not a programmer, so changing code is not an option for me.

Yes, it shows the author of the post. I'm sorry, but I don't know a solution to change this. Maybe it would a solution for you if you choose the topic icon instead of avatars.

More
3 years 2 months ago #6 by Christophg
That's what I did ... I changed to the icon. Thanks you for your help!

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds