Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question How about a "Like" button??

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #1 by mikerotec
It's all well and good to have the "Thank You" feature, but a lot of the time I see posts that do not warrant a formal "Thanks" - but rather an expression of agreement, mild appreciation, amusement, etc. To my mind the thumbs-up "Like" button is pretty much universally the symbol to have for this.

YES, there is the "karma" button, but it's hidden away, and reflects the user, not the post. I'd like to see a "Like" button that increments a Like count on the bottom of the post. (Example : 'Liked 12 times' appears next to the like symbol.) It doesn't need to track WHO liked it, just increment that post's like counter. Better yet: increment a like counter AND also boost the poster's karma by one point. Only one like per user, per post...

"Like" symbol could be placed just to the right of the current "Thank You" button - which (somewhat inappropriately) has a ThumbsUp symbol embedded in it. I would like to see the ThankYou button show a little trophy symbol instead - or maybe even a check mark. Then give the LIKE function over to the ThumbsUp symbol. Would prefer it just to be the bare symbol you click on, instead of a button. Extra points for an AJAX like symbol!!!
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by mikerotec.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realstrannik, fiat4x4.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #2 by fiat4x4.gr
Excellent idea!

More
5 years 9 months ago #3 by mikerotec
and on second thought, maybe SIMPLIFY the coding by not having the "Only one like per user, per post..." restriction.

Heck, if someone wants to hit the like button on the same post 50 times, 'Go ahead, knock yourself out'... :laugh:

More
5 years 9 months ago #4 by mikerotec
Actually, I'm thinking this might not be too hard to implement myself. But Ideally I'd like to do it as a "plugin" so it doesn't get nuked with every Kunena update. Feasible? (question for developers...)

More
3 years 7 months ago #5 by Kostin_Timur
This is a good idea, but for objectivity then you need to "dislike".

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds