Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question feature request: upload image/attachments directly to external cloud storage

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #1 by baijianpeng
When we use Kunena as a forum extension, we always want to allow users upload images or file attachments on forum. However, if the forum has very large user quantity, and very active discussion, there will be plenty of image/file attachments, and occupy very large disk space.

Well, we know that there are some free image cloud storage, like imageshack.com , or flickr.com , etc.. Some of those free image cloud storage even allow unlimited image uploads for annoymous public users, like tuchuang.org/ .

Since free image cloud storage providers generally allow direct link to those images, I think Kunena can deveop some editor plugin (or hidden plugin), to allow uploading images/files attachments directly to a free cloud storage, and then automatically return the BBcode image embeding code and insert it into the forum post.

If document files are not allowed in cloud storage, then using this feature for images only is also a great improvement. This will avoid quick consuming of website disk space.

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #2 by Sedfik
Please tell me this feature will be possible if I use proxy server to enter the network? I know that this should not create obstacles, but still interested in this.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Sedfik.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds