Blue Eagle 5 v1.5.4 has been Released (13 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena template Blue Eagle 5 v1.5.4 which is now available for download. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in development.

Question User selectable forum subsciption

More
3 years 10 months ago #1 by Goldie
Hi,

as an admin I can configure user rights to access each category. But I would like to empower users to select, which forums out of the possible ones they want to follow. That should also filter which topics are displayed in "Kunena Latest" Module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #2 by 810
We have a global setting for new users: "Check Subscription Box", but that's only will be set for new users,

All other users should set it themselves.

What you can do, change it on the database. then do it again in some time.

More
3 years 10 months ago #3 by Goldie
Hi,

I was not precise. I checked what you recommended and it does not do the trick I wanted.

As Admin I can give access to categories. But assume that I have 10 public and one limited category for moderators. Now all users will see those 10 public categories, both in forum list and in "Kunena Latest". But let us assume that many users are only interested in 5 or 6 of such categories. I could create access rights for each category and ask users to let me know. I will work endlessly to administer that.

So my dream is that they themselves can select, which categories they can see and which are simply not shown to them. These unwanted categories would be as if they had no right to access them. They dont show up in all forum lists and for sure not in "Kunena Latest".

Sorry to have mislead by the word subscription.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds