Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Improvement suggestion [confidential] tag

More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by ruud
Hi,

On one of my websites I am using Kunena as a support form.

The possibility to have a user post confidential information is great, but as I experienced counld be even better with the request below :)

Current situation:
Topic starter requests support and uses the confidential tag to provide login credentials to his web-server
Both the topic starter and the moderator / admin can see the confidential information... so far so good.

In a response to the topic creator I (the moderator / admin) provide a new beta download / custom file. I put the download location in confidential tags because I do not want the whole world to get access to this file / information.

The Topic starter (as it turned out) cannot see my confidential information because A. he is not the creator of this post (it is my post) and B. he is not an admin / moderator.

Requested situation:
It would be great if the following rules could apply:
1. post creator can see his own confidential information (= current situation)
2. admin / moderator can see all posted confidential information (= current situation)
3. Topic creator can see all confidential information is his topic > so he can also see my created confidential information in a response post in his topic (= new situation)

Hope this makes sense, if not please feel free to discuss :)

sharing = caring

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruud

More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by rich
As workaround you can edit his message. In his own message he can see your confidential informations.

More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by ruud

rich wrote: As workaround you can edit his message. In his own message he can see your confidential informations.

Cool! that works in sharing this confidential information (although limited in the process of getting update notification, etc.)

sharing = caring

Time to create page: 1.718 seconds