Kunena 5.2 RC3 Released (29 Nov 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the third public release candidate of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 RC3 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question K5 Templetes, adjusting them through the admin panel with a SAVE AS Feature

More
4 years 2 months ago #1 by myale
Hello,

ok i am still slow learning for css learning for anything templates, SORRY.

years ago before a friend recomended Joomla then the change over to these forums, i had used XMB Forums (all the way to version 1.6 or 2.0)

in the Admin panel (template section of XMB) as a new beginner for all this CSS, they allowed any admin to change colors and look of the xmb base template, AND SAVE IT AS A NEW TEMPLATE.)

I Back then didnt have to depend on others who knew CSS and basic template design for making the forums look the way I WANTED... i didnt have to pay anyone (because i had no money ) etc..

those xmb forums alllowedd me to do everything i wanted and save what i did as a new file name for the forum templates with keeping the default template as is...

i dont know if this is possible within the kunera template feature, but for those of us slow learners and beginners i think this would be very cool..

even the ablity to change font color and style...
i use a base joomla template with a picture background (which can interfere with readable text (still learning adjustments for that text area look) i like separate template styles for certain componets when i feel needed like this so i can use both templates
(i have to use a template maker for joomla, i you say well use the same template maker i still dont know where to start for kunera to chage the specefic look for what i want)

sorry this maybe a bit long winded but i hope this is possible

Thanks
it would be neat to be able to have this for K5 now that its using a new template base

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds