Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Idea Auto-archive posts in a topic after xx days/weeks/months

More
7 years 11 months ago #1 by joomlajay
Simply put, we need a way to automatically archive a user's posted topic after xx days / week(s) / month(s).

Kunena should have a field in the backend admin, under KUNENA CONFIGURATION and/or CATEGORIES and/or within USERS (Global and individual) there should be an option to choose:

"After ___ days OR ____ week(s) OR ___ month(s) OR ___ year(s) automatically archive post(s)"

I would suggest a radio button OR dropdown for these day/week/month/year choices followed by a field/box to enter a numerically masked value for the number desired.

Conversely, if "delete or move post(s)" is added, there be a radio button or dropdown to choose "Autoarchive" or "Move to Category" or "Delete Topic" types of choices depending on how far you wanted to go with it

and when that time is hit - Kunena automatically archives, moves OR deletes the post(s).

At the very least, under Kunena....Configuration, or within Kunena....Category(ies). User level might be too much and for us at least - is not necessary.

Anyone else want this??
If it is not added, I am afraid I'll have to use CJBlog or some other component that does do this as we cannot staff Kunena to manually perform these 60-day archivals or moves. There will be literally thousands of potential posts, and it would just be way too much to keep track of - especially without Kunena having a way to filter searches older than ____ days/weeks/months and so on.

We simply need a way for users to post a request for something they want or need, with discussion/commenting abilities threaded under that post - and after 60 days, automatically archive or move it to an inactive Category. We are not interested in deleting the post either - but other users sure may want it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by 810
Its on our feature list, todo.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by joomlajay
Any ETA or planned version release #? ie is planned for version ____.x such as 5.x?

Thank you!!

More
7 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

joomlajay wrote: Anyone else want this?

Although we have had discussions in the past about automatically locking topics for various reasons (such as discussion activity), I'm not entirely sure that I understand your question.

When you wrote that you want to archive old posts, I'm trying to guess what you mean. There is no archival mechanism in Kunena unless you are talking about the process where a forum moderator can move topics from one category into another [locked] category. Certainly, as I wrote a couple of years ago , there is no automated mechanism available in Kunena.

I'm always a little wary of trying to run things "hands-free" or "automatically" (based on the passing of time). While it's OK for some people to never have to get their hands dirty with housekeeping, I think it's also fair to say that occasional human interaction is required in maintaining a forum. So, while I cannot offer any suggestions about how to accomplish this activity automatically—where a procedure runs every day or week, for example, and moves old posts from one category to another—I can offer another alternative. It might be possible (although I haven't worked out the mechanics or the feasibility in my own mind) to develop a module moved topics/post from one category into another category.

The ability to delete old topics is already available in Kunena; it's called Prune Categories.

Although I have not seen your website and I don't know the level of activity it has (or whether there are actually thousands of messages posted over a 60-day period, for example), in the end it's a question of what's the best product that suits your purposes and, of course, how much you're prepared to pay for it: money vs. time. Good luck. :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #5 by jhebbel
im definitely for a hands free version of this.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds