Kunena 5.2 RC 1 Released (25 Oct 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public release candidate of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 RC1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Solved Why you want to add "rel=nofollow" for INTERNAL links?

More
4 years 8 months ago #1 by baijianpeng
Though I had already asked the same question 5 YEARS ago, you , the Kunena team, seem not care about this? Or you just did not read my post? The original post is :

https://www.kunena.org/forum/feature-requests-archive/77977-follow-internal-links?limitstart=0#77977

Now, 5 years passed (think it again: 5 years !!!), this issue still exists in Kunena, even the latest version 4.0.9 !

If you refuse to correct this mistake (in my eyes, adding "rel=nofollow" for internal links is a mistake), could you please tell me what exact reason that keep you doing this?

Why? Why you want to add "rel=nofollow" for INTERNAL links?

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT FOLLOWING INTERNAL LINKS IS VERY GOOD FOR SEO?

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaosHead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #2 by 810
i will add this code to the next version:
if (strpos($this->escape($this->url), '/index.php') !== 0)
{
	$rel = 'rel="nofollow"';
} else {
	$rel = '';
}

This will be:
<a href="/index.php/testunf" class="bbcode_url" target="_blank">
	whoooooo</a>

and if not:
<a href="https://www.nu.nl" class="bbcode_url" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
	whooooeee</a>

PR: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/pull/3655/files

ps. why don't you use sef on your site for SEO.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by 810.

More
4 years 8 months ago #3 by baijianpeng
Thank you.

I know the great boost of SEF for my Joomla website. But, I have not find a SEF extension for the HWD Mediashare component which I use to show videos.

Why I need a "SEF extension"? Because I want to use Artio JoomSEF instead of Joomla core SEF, and Artio JoomSEF will only work with SEF extension to generate perfect SEF URLs.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
4 years 8 months ago #4 by baijianpeng
Thank you 810, I noticed that you had added this new feature in Kunena 4.0.10, that is great!

Could you please take a look at another good idea I had submitted 1 year ago ? It is here:

https://www.kunena.org/forum/77-General-Talk-about-Kunena/130669-why-the-confidential-tag-is-not-a-bbcode-editor-toolbar-button#156096

www.joomlagate.com/

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds