Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Idea [New Feature] Split Database / Table

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1 by ssh
Actually kunena does not have the option to split database / table

It will be great to have the option to separate all archive content away from actual content without delete it

For SEO reason it is not good to delete content from website,
For performance reason, it is not good to have huge tables or database

In my case (Maybe others too) these are the most affected tables:
kunena_topics
kunena_users
kunena_messages_text

By doing this, Kunena will be the first forum platform implementing this feature.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by ssh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by Josh

chiripas wrote: For SEO reason it is not good to delete content from website

For ethical reasons it's not good to force content to stay, especially when an admin is okay with forum posts being deleted. ;) Aside from ethics, people would be less comfortable with contributing to a forum knowing that their content is unremoveable.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by ssh

Josh wrote: people would be less comfortable with contributing to a forum knowing that their content is unremoveable.

Thanks josh for paying attention to my subject.
In my case, users are able to delete their own posts, and most of the content is posted by the staff.

Also, I am talking about this feature as optional, not mandatory.

More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by Josh
Fair enough. As for table splitting, I like the idea and it should create a performance boost. :) Are there examples out there of Joomla sites that use multiple databases for a single Joomla site?

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds