Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Delete Permanently should be Easier to Access

More
9 years 1 day ago - 9 years 1 day ago #1 by Josh
For years I've found it strange that an administrator has to "delete a topic" and then hit permanently delete in order to delete the topic. This ends up being more work for admins and the word choice for step 1 doesn't really mean what it means. I have a simple proposal to make for a simpler and easier workflow:

1. Change the "Delete" button word choice to "Unpublish".

2. Make the permanently delete button easier to access and simply change it to "Delete".

With the mentioned changes the moderation button would provide a drop down menu that looks like this:

The word choice means exactly what it means and is easy to remove or unpublish topics as needed without needing to go through extra menus.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 1 day ago by Josh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 day ago #2 by 810
Mhh if we do your way, then there is no way to restore the message.

For example when you click the wrong option by mistake.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xristo

More
9 years 23 hours ago #3 by Josh
I should have mentioned the idea of a "Are you sure dialog" to show up. Even with this dialog it is one less click than the current method. The current method is 4 clicks:

Click Moderate Button > Click Delete

Click Moderate Button > Click Permanently Delete

My method is 3 clicks:

Click Moderate Button > Delete

Click "Yes" to delete (when asked if you are sure)

This method also uses one less redirect which makes it faster and has the safety feature in case someone clicks it by accident.

More
9 years 13 hours ago #4 by rich
The easiest way is Recent Topics, if you want delete permanently.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh

More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by Josh
That will make managing spam much easier. B) There is one more angle to this I would like you to consider. Currently when a user deletes a topic, it's not permanently deleted. As a result users cannot remove their own content on their own even if the admin allows users to delete their own posts (via the Kunena config option). It does remove it from public view, however it doesn't feel as ethical to keep posts that the user intends to be removed from the site. In addition to this, "deleted posts" will take up more space.

More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by Josh
Just wondering your thoughts on this.

More
8 years 11 months ago #7 by 810
good idea but not in next beta

More
8 years 11 months ago #8 by Josh
Any interest in adding this to the alpha? One less click and giving users more control of their own posts is typically a good thing. B)

More
8 years 9 months ago #9 by xristo

Josh wrote: Any interest in adding this to the alpha? One less click and giving users more control of their own posts is typically a good thing. B)

It's not a good idea when most users (moderators) have no clue what they're doing. Once something is "gone for good" there is no getting it back...so in this case, making users click a few extra times kinda forces said user to really think about what they are doing. it's great as is IMO

More
8 years 9 months ago #10 by Josh
If someone is a moderator, they should know what they are doing. However I understand that there are cases where what should be done is not. As mentioned above, I have an alternative method that saves a click and is just as safe as the current method.

My method is 3 clicks:

Click Moderate Button > Click Delete

Click "Yes" to delete (when the dialog box asks if you are sure)

This method also uses one less redirect which makes it faster and has the safety feature in case someone clicks it by accident.

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds