Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Instant messaging (1on1 and chatrooms)

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by ori
Since Kunena has established itself firmly and with version 4 will become just about great, I thought it would be fitting to have chatting introduced to it. A kind of chat that makes private messages and chatboxes obsolete. I am not a programmer but something like Cometchat being implemented into Kunena would make it pretty much perfect.

And, since I'm being cheek, Kunena working like those commeting softwares (Disqus and the like) where new messages are loaded live would be neat.

Looking forward to version 4!

Ori
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ori.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by skybax
A quick native 1 - 1 messaging system would be grate because uddeim even if its source code is updated constantly the idea behind it is old and it will become obsolete.

A messaging system should act like whatsapp dose in the way the information is presented because pc based posting is moving fast to mostly mobile, and if any of you tried to send a PM from uddeim from a phone is not the most fun thing to do.

I know Tapatalk is a good alternative to web posting but this means to rely on a third party application that a user needs to add to its device, not very streamline.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by ruud
Hi, currently over 60% of our visitors come in via mobile. What we are currently struggling with is to retain our users and their energy on our forum. It is far easier to post / react / like / start / share something on facebook than it is on (in this case) Kunena and everybody (some exceptions) has the facebook app.

In my opinion all design efforts and UX decisions must be mobile first, having a chat functionality is a plus, although it doesn't need to be Kunena native but fully integrated.

sharing = caring

More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by coder4life
I been looking into such functionality over the past 6 months. To make it short, this is not easy to do and will require a substantial amount of work.

This is heading into the territory of Real Time Communications (RTC) it is something I am specializing an interest on, but is hard to implement in shared web host environments.

More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by ruud
Would be nice if the chat history could be posted as a topic reply :)

Currently we see a lot of discussions on topics 'move' to twitter, as this is for a lot of people easier then posting on the forum (and probably for the same reason as why facebook is so popular > low entry app and notifications)

With Kunena / forum we want to retain the lessons learned but find ourselves lost in twitter discussions that are hard to 'catch' (at least now we have the tweet implementation > that should help :)

sharing = caring

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #6 by BeckyHodges
You can use Whatsapp GB on techgara.com/gb-whatsapp  to be able to text, chat in 1 room, group
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by BeckyHodges.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 3 days ago #7 by DoreenAlexander
You can now use WhatsApp Aero to make your chats more interesting with a better interface than the original.
Last edit: 3 years 3 days ago by DoreenAlexander.

More
1 year 5 months ago #8 by XBRJo
Since uddelM is not updated any more my Community will miss this feature to post some PM (personal messages) without using e-mail or so

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #9 by Leen
don't know which kunena version you are using now. but i use in kunena Version 6 now as an alternative For now communtybuilder personal messages
may be a bit cumbersome but it works. www.joomlapolis.com/news/18814-community...te-messaging-is-here

or maybe something like the one asked here www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...sages-running#224254

L.v.d.A
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Leen.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds