Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Can I use KDiscuss plugin Category Mapping AND use Denied Content Categories?

More
7 years 3 months ago #1 by nemmar
Hi,

I have Kunena 5.0.5 and KDiscuss Plugin 5.0.2. Can I use Joomla to Kunena Category Mapping AND have Denied Content Categories?
I setup my KD plugin with many (not all) of my Joomla article categories mapped with Kunena forum categories. Screenshot: 1drv.ms/i/s!AgkCYQw-vIbe761S6WfWLqx3ojkIIg

I would like to use the Default Forum Category setting of KD plugin to enter a forum category to use as the default for any Joomla articles that are in categories that are not mapped in KD plugin.
I would like to use the Denied Content Categories setting of KD plugin to enter a Joomla Article Category to deny the use of the KD plugin so those category articles are not mapped nor added as topics into the forum.

But I read the K help docs for KDiscuss plugin and it lists 4 example settings. www.kunena.org/docs/en/plugins/kunena-discuss-plugin

That help doc seems to say that you CANNOT use both the KDiscuss plugin Category Mapping and use Default Forum Category/Denied Content Categories. Is that correct? Or is it not clear in the 4 examples in the help doc but you can use them all together in the KDiscuss plugin settings?

I also found this post but it's 4 years old so I don't know if it's still accurate for the latest KDiscuss plugin:
Kunena Discuss "quick and dirty" instructions for use: www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Kunena-Discus...instructions-for-use

Thanks for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #2 by 810
If your have entered a user on the discuss plugin, that have the right to post the topic on the category then the topic is saved.

You need have access to write on the category.

More
7 years 3 months ago #3 by nemmar

810 wrote: If your have entered a user on the discuss plugin, that have the right to post the topic on the category then the topic is saved. You need have access to write on the category.

Hi 810,

I think you didn't understand correctly what I was asking because I'm not clear on what your answer is.

1) The Kunena help doc seems to say that you CANNOT use both the KDiscuss plugin Category Mapping and use Default Forum Category/Denied Content Categories. I am assuming this based on the 4 examples in the help doc.
www.kunena.org/docs/en/plugins/kunena-discuss-plugin

2) But in the 4 year old post "Kunena Discuss quick and dirty instructions for use", it seems that you CAN use them all together in the KDiscuss plugin settings. I am assuming this based on the examples Sozzled wrote in his post.
Joomla-to-Kunena category mapping from in this example would be: 5 → 10, 6 → 11, 3 → 8, 4 → 8
All other Joomla categories will be ignored, i.e. there will be no discussion allowed for them

Screenshot: 1drv.ms/i/s!AgkCYQw-vIbe761tCMDMgsCn8SNUOg
www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Kunena-Discus...instructions-for-use

I want to use BOTH the Category Mapping and use Default Forum Category/Denied Content Categories. Is that possible in the latest KDiscuss plugin. Are you saying that the only way to do this is to "entered a user on the discuss plugin"? Is that the Topic Owner field of the plugin? I would rather just leave that blank and let the article author be the user for each post, if possible.

Let me know if my questions are not clear on what I am asking.
Thanks.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #4 by rich

The Kunena help doc seems to say that you CANNOT use both

Where you have read this? Try it, in principle it should works. But you must to be careful to create no conflict.
Don't use the value zero (zero is allowed/denied all categories) or twice the same ID of a category.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by rich.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5 by nemmar

rich wrote:

The Kunena help doc seems to say that you CANNOT use both

Where you have read this? Try it, in principle it should works. ...

Hi Rich,

I am testing it out now and it seems to work exactly as Sozzled describes in his examples in his 4 year old post. www.kunena.org/forum/K-2-0-Kunena-Discus...instructions-for-use

The confusion (at least for me) is caused by the Category Mapping example (fourth example) in your help doc. That's the only example of the 4 that has no sample data in the Default/Allowed/Denied fields. To answer your question - that is where I read it.
Since you mentioned "in principle it should work", then it seems like someone should add another Category Mapping example or clarify the existing examples on that help doc page to make it clearer. www.kunena.org/docs/en/plugins/kunena-discuss-plugin

Thanks.

More
7 years 3 months ago #6 by rich
I've added another example. I hope it's complete now.

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds