Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Getting ERROR Cannot save message: Email address is required when Kunena discuss is enabled

More
9 years 3 days ago #1 by ajb1967
hi,

If I enable the Kunena discuss plugin i get the Joomla error ... "ERROR Cannot save message: Email address is required"

Has anyone come across this ? and if so how do i solve it

Thanks,
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 days ago #2 by sozzled
Does this problem happen everywhere in your forum for everyone who tries to post a message in your forum?

I'm not sure I understand the problem because I do not understand your environment. I'm going to take a wild guess that you allow anonymous or guests to post in your forum. Is that correct? It may help if we could see your configuration report but, if you decide not to give it to us, that's OK (although I don't know if anyone can help you).

Sorry, I never allow anonymous or guests to post in any forums that I manage; I have never encountered this issue before and I am not sure how you go about "solving" the problem.

More
9 years 3 days ago #3 by ajb1967
Thanks for your reply.

The problem happens everywhere in the website for everyone.

The plugin is set for PUBLIC at the moment, but you have to login to comment.

Interestingly, you dont get the error message if

1. I set the plugin to "registered" OR

2. there is already a topic created for the article in Kunena OR

3. Create Topic on is set to First Reply (instead of first visit)

So I am gathering there is an issue with Kunena automatically creating a new topic when users aren't logged in.

Is there a Kunena setting I'm missing somewhere so that the topic can be created automatically when you first visit an article even when you're not logged in ?

thanks!
Andy

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds