Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How can a guest user edit a self post with itself login.

More
9 years 1 week ago #1 by johndeo
Hi Kunena

This is John ,now I am facing two problems that, when I login to my project kunena forum and posted any post at there.

1.Then there is no option to editing or deleting of my post.

2.Even I can edit another ones profile.Which should not be happen.

Please reply as soon as possible.It's too urgent.

screencast.com/t/URWJpipCVZ

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #2 by 810
i think you edit the option.

Check backend - kunena - configuration - users- User Edits set to "Yes"

More
9 years 1 week ago #3 by johndeo
thanx for your rply.
now, i have an another issue. that is, a simple guest user has an option for deleting and editing the other one profiles too. which is not correct

because every guest user is automatically define as admin(where as we have not allowed the public access option for users.)

and if we allowed for admin then this option is available too user as well.
screencast.com/t/0scuGk2o

please rply for this its too urgent.

More
9 years 1 week ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

The user test6 is logged so it's not a guest user

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 1 week ago #5 by johndeo
No thanks xillibit,

You are not understand properly.Look Kunena has not this option that every new generated user can edit or delete the other one's post or profile .(It's not right).

But in my project forum,every exiting user is automatically assign as a admin user(able to do any type of modification on the site as well as access the backend too)

If I change the access level as a not allowed option for public then admin of the site also behave like a guest user(have no modification rights).

Means guest user and admin both are directly proportional to each other.(both have some differentiation with each other )

I have used the version of kunena 3.0.6 with "Kunena - Community Builder Integration" plugin package and joomla 3.3.3

More
9 years 1 week ago #6 by rich

every exiting user is automatically assign as a admin

There's already a long discussion about it.
www.kunena.org/forum/154-Miscellaneous-o...vileges?limitstart=0

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds