Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 3.0 and later versions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question worked-around: Discuss 3.0.7 Login button and logic?

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by ruud
Hi,
thanks for the upgrade on the Kunena Discuss plugin, just installed it.
Was really looking forward to the possibility of giving the guest / public a login button.

But I think I am missing something...
in the plugin option I enable 'Show login button for public users' [yes]
now when I visit an article I correctly see the login button as part of the discuss plugin

When I press the [login to comment] button I am redirected to the joomla login screen
I login but I am not returned to the article / discuss plugin. instead I stay on the login page which now shows the logout button....

I have set in the login module redirection after login to [default]

What am I doing wrong?

sharing = caring
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by ruud.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by ruud
anyone?

sharing = caring

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #3 by ruud
Hi, just to follow up my own messages and for everybody running into the same annoying issue where users 'forget' to login and place a reaction to a blog as a guest user.

Although the login button looks like a good addon to the form, it doesn't work: 1. using it requires a loginname / password (which almost nobody has / remembers because they currently login via social media buttons. 2. login in redirects away from the page where you want to add the reaction :(

So what I did is the following:
Under the field where the guest can enter his/her name I put a conditional warning stating the fact that you are not logged in and that their reaction will be placed as a guest. If the user is logged in this message doesn't show.

So far good feedback from my users :)

So in ./plugins/content/kunenadiscuss/tmpl/form.php

after the following code:
Code:
<tr> <td><span class="kdiscuss-quick-post-label"><?php echo JText::_('PLG_KUNENADISCUSS_NAME') ?></span></t$ <td><input type="text" name="name" value="<?php echo $this->name ?>" <?php if ($this->user->exists()) $ </tr>

add
Code:
<?php if(!$this->user->exists()) : ?> <td></td><td><span class=kdiscuss-quick-post-label> <?php echo "You are not logged in: your reaction will be published as guest" ?></span></td> </tr> <?php endif; ?>

this code can be 'beautified' with languagestrings, but this will work as wel.

hope this helps.

sharing = caring
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by ruud.

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds