Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug HOW: Discussion for Weblinks

More
9 years 11 months ago #1 by iosoft
Hello,

In my site, registered users can post Weblinks.
How can I put Discussion for each Weblinks posted ?

Pls help me out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2 by gray
Replied by gray on topic HOW: Discussion for Weblinks
This is a content plugin - it is trigged for articles only.
Theoretically, it's possible to get it working with web-links too, but it will require essential re-coding of the plugin. Maybe it's easier to find a web-link component with commenting feature.

www.justPHP.net - Custom coding for Joomla!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
9 years 9 months ago #3 by iosoft
Replied by iosoft on topic HOW: Discussion for Weblinks
Can someone help me on this, please?

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
There are two important points to be made:

1) Kunena does not have a plugin that interfaces with the Jooma com_weblink component. As gray suggested, it's theoretically possible to re-work the Kunena Discuss plugin so that it interfaces with Joomla web-links. Another alternative is to find a web-link component that has an inbuilt commenting feature.

2) According to the Joomla roadmap , the com_weblink component will be removed from the next version of Joomla (J! 3.4); the tentative release date for J! 3.4 is 15 July. Therefore, there is no strategic benefit to the Kunena project team for someone on the team to redesign, rebuild an provide (at no cost to the members of the Kunena community) a commenting plugin that interfaces with the Joomla web-links component.

If someone wishes to develop a solution for you, that's a different matter.

If this requirement is strategically important to you then I suggest you post a new topic in the Custom work - offering to pay category. I do not know how much it would cost for someone to produce a solution for you but it could cost anywhere from $50 to $500.

I am sorry but there is nothing more that can be said here, in this topic, and the matter is closed.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 9 months ago #5 by iosoft
Replied by iosoft on topic HOW: Discussion for Weblinks
Seems, there are more moderator here than coders, hackers and helpers.

More
9 years 9 months ago #6 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic HOW: Discussion for Weblinks
Like Sozzled said,
Joomla is removing the weblinks. If you want to pay for the plugin, You can open a new topic on the Custom work - offering to pay category

Regards 810

More
9 years 9 months ago #7 by iosoft

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds