Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Wrong date in forum topic with Kunena Discuss

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #11 by proterra
Habe the problem on all my 3 sites after upgrade to Kunena 3.03, Discuss 3.01 and Joomla 2.5.16

1.:
In the database the timestamp (in Kunena_message: time & Kunena_topic: first_post_time) is "1" instead of the right one.

In the content_field there is under created datetime the right date: Format: 2013-11-08 07:59:00

2. The Article created (created date): 2013-11-08 07:59:00
started published: 0000-00-00 00:00:00
=> but that entry are the same in alle articles before I get the problem

3. 2nd message? That isn´t needed before the problem. I can write you an answer in this board, but that fix not the problem. For example this (old) entry with the right date:
www.scoteire.de/forum/News/136449-der-irische-freund.html
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by proterra.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #12 by gray
Ok, it seems that I know the problem. The plugin takes dates from publish_up field, not the created field. I checked ALL my articles (about 400) they all have "Start publishing" (publish_up) filled-in. This field is filled-in automatically by Joomla.

1. Try adding a value into "Start publishing" field of the article under question ( www.scoteire.de/events/termin/833 ). And try the pugin again. By the way - it that article of Joomla or generated by other component?

2. In the mean time I'll test the plugin with empty publish_up fields. Plugin should handle this in other ways, not putting 1 to the time field. I'll let you know soon.

www.justPHP.net - Custom coding for Joomla!
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by gray.

More
10 years 5 months ago #13 by gray
Yes, the problem was in wrong processing of empty publish_up field (which should not be empty - Joomla takes care of it).

Test a fix which is submitted in the pull request on GitHub. You can take new content of kunenadiscuss.php from GitHub:
github.com/grayz7z/Kunena-Addons/blob/ma...ss/kunenadiscuss.php

After updating the kunenadiscuss.php please delete the message created by plugin ( www.scoteire.de/forum/Events/136374-alta...irish-folk-band.html ) and try again with the same article.

Please note that new kunenadiscuss.php has 1 more fix and 1 new feature - more info is given here github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Addons/pull/159

The following user(s) said Thank You: proterra

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #14 by proterra

gray wrote: Yes, the problem was in wrong processing of empty publish_up field (which should not be empty - Joomla takes care of it).

Test a fix which is submitted in the pull request on GitHub. You can take new content of kunenadiscuss.php from GitHub:
github.com/grayz7z/Kunena-Addons/blob/ma...ss/kunenadiscuss.php

Thats the problem and you fix it. Thanks. The problem I see for future Kunena Discuss Updates

Curious: before the Joomla Update to 2.5.16 it runs with a empty publish_up field in the format: 0000-00-00 00:00:00.
Think there are changes in the Updates 2.5.15 or 2.5.16
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by proterra.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gray

More
10 years 5 months ago #15 by gray
Not sure what went wrong with update from Joomla 2.5.15 or 2.5.16.
I can only suppose that during update some articles appear to have empty publish_up field.

The code of discuss plugin relied on this field before - I checked even plg_kunenadiscuss_v1.7.2 from 2012-02-05.

More
10 years 5 months ago #16 by proterra

gray wrote: Not sure what went wrong with update from Joomla 2.5.15 or 2.5.16.
I can only suppose that during update some articles appear to have empty publish_up field.

The code of discuss plugin relied on this field before - I checked even plg_kunenadiscuss_v1.7.2 from 2012-02-05.

The discuss plugin "plg_content_kunenadiscuss_v2.0.4_2013-01-18" didn´t have this extra code.

Thanks again for your help. Thumbs up ;)

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds