Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This category is only for reporting defects with K 3.0.

Do not use this category:
  • to ask general questions about how to use K 3.0 or to ask when new versions of Kunena will be released;
  • to ask about other (older) versions of Kunena; or
  • if you have tried to install K 3.0 on J! 1.5; or
  • if you installed K 3.0 on a live, production site and you want your site restored to its previous state; or
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected.

You must include your K 3.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

Topics that have been closed (resolved) will be archived and no further discussion on those topics will be allowed.

Question New Install 3.0.8, Submit new topic opens attachment dialog

More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by jimbrooking
Config:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : FHA | author: Kyle Ledbetter, FHA Adaptation: Jim Brooking | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.8 | creationdate: 2015-04-05

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.8 | 2015-04-05 [ Imperium ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1

Trying to breathe some life into a near-moribund Kunena Forum on my site, I tried to add a topic to a new category I'd defined today. The Preview button works as expected but the Submit button (has a tooltip for and) opens the dialog to upload an attachment. This is such an obvious error that it must have something to do with my configuration or install (just installed a fresh download a few minutes ago - no joy). I would appreciate any help with this.

History - Imported the posts that were in PHPbb about three years ago, all looked OK. Upgraded from Joomla 2.5 to 3.0 in February of this year, now running Joomla 3.4.1. All looks well. Tried posting to an old category - same symptom. I'm logged in as a superuser. Others have posted since the February upgrade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Do-you have tried with default Joomla! if you encounter the same issue ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by jimbrooking
Thank you for your reply. What I have found is that the problem seems to be isolated to me only - others with comparable privileges use the Forum with no issues.

Also: the problem exists of Firefox and FF Developer Edition as I run it, and also is Safe Mode and in Private Browsing mode. It exists in Chrome as I run it, and in Chrome Private Browsing mode. It does NOT show up in MSIE version 11. That is, I can save posts in MSIE but nowhere else.

Probably unrelated but although I have enabled avatars site-wide, I can not see a way to set an avatar or a signature for my account.

This is very strange and unique in my experience.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

jimbrooking wrote: Probably unrelated but although I have enabled avatars site-wide, I can not see a way to set an avatar or a signature for my account.

Yes, this problem is probably unrelated to the question you asked but I would like to make some suggestions.

1) You might like to allow people to upload their own avatars by changing the following setting back to its original default value:

Kunena Forum: Configuration » Avatars » Avatar Settings » Allow Avatar Upload = Yes

If this does not resolve the problem then I suggest that you return all your Kunena configuration settings back to their original default values.

2) I suggest that you set your forum integration plugins as shown in red below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Disabled
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=1
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=1 profile=1
Kunena - UddeIM Enabled: Disabled

3) I would also suggest that you read how to enable Joomla SEO . If your .htaccess file is the renamed version of the original Joomla htaccess.txt file, then you can use Joomla SEO.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by jimbrooking
I have taken all the steps you recommended except using SEO URLs, which I don't want to do. We don't care about SEO rankings. There is still no obvious way to attach an avatar to my profile.

Re unable to submit, I received another report from a user unable to submit today. He uses Safari on a Mac.

When I disabled the ability to upload images AND files, the Attachment prompt disappeared, and Submit works as expected. I suspect there is something in the image/file upload HTML or CSS that's causing the problem, but I don't want to delve into your system to try and isolate it.

If you want back-end access to my site to explore further, I will grant same vie email or PM.

Thanks,
Jim

More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by jimbrooking
Oh and this is my current config:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : FHA | author: Kyle Ledbetter, FHA Adaptation: Jim Brooking | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.8 | creationdate: 2015-04-05

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.8 | 2015-04-05 [ Imperium ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1

Time to create page: 3.951 seconds