Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This category is only for reporting defects with K 3.0.

Do not use this category:
  • to ask general questions about how to use K 3.0 or to ask when new versions of Kunena will be released;
  • to ask about other (older) versions of Kunena; or
  • if you have tried to install K 3.0 on J! 1.5; or
  • if you installed K 3.0 on a live, production site and you want your site restored to its previous state; or
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected.

You must include your K 3.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

Topics that have been closed (resolved) will be archived and no further discussion on those topics will be allowed.

Question Limit number of characters or words of Kunena post in Activity Stream module

More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by horseguards
Hi

It seems there isn't a way to limit the number of characters/words being published in Activity stream module.

I would be very grateful if anyone could guide me on how to limit this, as now it is showing the whole post.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
The Jomsocial "Activity Stream" feature was developed and is maintained by the Jomsocial development team. I do not think this is a defect of Kunena or a support issue for the Kunena team.

I think the moderators should probably move this topic to the Jomsocial category.

I do not know anything about how the Jomsocial "Activity Stream" feature is constructed, sorry. I suggest that you contact the Jomsocial developers.

More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by horseguards
JomSocial developers have told me that "Those posts come straight from Kunena.
Please, post on Kunena forum and ask how to modify that."

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled

horseguards wrote: JomSocial developers have told me that "Those posts come straight from Kunena."

That is true. The contents—the data—in the Jomsocial Activity Stream module are generated by Kunena. What is also true is that the Jomsocial Activity Stream module was not developed by (and is not supported by) the Kunena development team.

If I am wrong the moderators on this forum will correct the information and explain what is wrong with Kunena and what you need to do to fix your problem. If the moderators on this forum do not respond to this topic then you should can draw your own conclusions.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by 810
Its on my Todo lists, but i want to finish the K3.1 version now.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds