Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This category is only for reporting defects with K 3.0.

Do not use this category:
  • to ask general questions about how to use K 3.0 or to ask when new versions of Kunena will be released;
  • to ask about other (older) versions of Kunena; or
  • if you have tried to install K 3.0 on J! 1.5; or
  • if you installed K 3.0 on a live, production site and you want your site restored to its previous state; or
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected.

You must include your K 3.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

Topics that have been closed (resolved) will be archived and no further discussion on those topics will be allowed.

Question Recent topics menu link doesn't return to page 1

More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by ubarose
I don't know if this is related to tK 3.0.6 + J! 3.3.6 pagination number links not returning to first page of topics or not. It may have the same root cause, but it is manifesting itself differently. Also I am running Joomla 2.5 and when browsing the posts in a category, I can return to the first page by clicking on the page 1 link. So I am thinking that this is a different issue.

I'm not talking specifically about the page number links. I'm talking about if you click on a page number and then click on the Recent Topics menu link, you don't return to the first page of the recent topics. Furthermore, after browsing to or clicking on a page number greater than 1, you can navigate away from the forums completely, to other areas of the site, but when you return to the recent topics it is still stuck on whatever page you left on. You can even close out of the tab in your browser, and then open a tab, and return via a bookmark, and it is still stuck on whatever page you exited on.

This is kind of a bad thing, because many forum users bookmark the recent topics page, browse the pages, and then exit. When they return via bookmark, they don't realize they are not on the first page, and think there are no new posts.

It happens here and on my site which is running Joomla 2.5.

For comparison, I have preserved my old Joomla 1.5 running Kunena 1.7.2, and the Recent Topics will return to page one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by rich
This is so deliberate. It is not ideal if you want to read topics on page 3 and you switch return to the first page, if you click on the tab. Earlier it was so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled

ubarose wrote: I don't know if this is related to K 3.0.6 + J! 3.3.6 pagination number links not returning to first page of topics or not.

Yes, your question is about a different problem that affects people who use J! 3.3.4, J! 3.3.5 or J! 3.3.6.

ubarose wrote: ... if you click on a page number and then click on the Recent Topics menu link, you don't return to the first page of the recent topics ... [or if you] navigate away from the forums completely, ... but when you return to the recent topics it is still stuck on whatever page you left on. You can even close out of the tab in your browser, and then open a tab, and return via a bookmark, and it is still stuck on whatever page you exited on.

Yes, the behaviour changed after K 1.7.2. Rich is correct in the sense that this change in behaviour was deliberately designed like that. In that sense, it is difficult to agree that this deliberate design is a defect.

The changes we are discussing are not only confined to Recent Topics, either. It also happens if you use the Search menu.

Example:
  • Search for something and then select "page 3" (assuming that you have three pages of search results).
  • Search for something else and you will see that the results for "page 3" of this new, different search, too; there may or may not be a "page 3" of results for the new search.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by ubarose
Thank you. There wouldn't happen to be an easy code change that I could make to to change the behavior back to how it was in K 1.7.2. My readers are not buying "It's a feature, not a bug"

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #5 by ubarose
Tried redirects. Didn't really work well. Any suggestions.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by ubarose.

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds