Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please Read This First:

This category is only for reporting defects with K 3.0.

Do not use this category:
  • to ask general questions about how to use K 3.0 or to ask when new versions of Kunena will be released;
  • to ask about other (older) versions of Kunena; or
  • if you have tried to install K 3.0 on J! 1.5; or
  • if you installed K 3.0 on a live, production site and you want your site restored to its previous state; or
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected.

You must include your K 3.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

Topics that have been closed (resolved) will be archived and no further discussion on those topics will be allowed.

Important Problem to install Kunena on latest Joomla version 3.3.4

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #11 by bobhembree
No, I don't use sh404sef or any other SEO programs.

I setup a J 3.3.4 test site with nothing but Kunena, Akeeba backup and admin pro.

810 wrote: do you have installed sh404sef ?

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by bobhembree.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #12 by Georgie
Ok for me, after turned cache off. Kunena installed and running !

###Kunena
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Georgie.

More
9 years 6 months ago #13 by bobhembree
Which cache?
I've been testing with Joomla cache disabled and still have the problem. (J 3.3.4 with K 3.06)

Georgie wrote: Ok for me, after turned cache off. Kunena installed and running !

###Kunena

More
9 years 6 months ago #14 by bobhembree
I was hoping the J 3.3.5 might make a difference, but it doesn't solve the Kunena versions 3.04, 3.05, 3.06 pagination problem--still not returning to first page from older topic links (or from returning to category). It only works when Joomla' "Search Engine Friendly URLs" is set to No in Global Configuration.
K 3.03 works with J 3.3.5 with any setting.

More
9 years 6 months ago #15 by Georgie
OK

I'm only talking about the installation of Kunena 3.06 on J3.3.4 : ok after disabling the cache.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #16 by sozzled

Georgie wrote: I'm only talking about the installation of Kunena 3.06 on J3.3.4 : ok after disabling the cache.

Yes, there are two different problems discussed in this topic and that's what was confusing. The problem reported in msg #1 is a problem that people have had in the past with different versions of Joomla and different versions of Kunena; this is a problem relating to clearing the cache before using the update procedure.

The problem discussed by bobhembree is a quite different problem ; it is not a problem relating to installing or upgrading Kunena on J! 3.3.4. It is a problem relating to using Kunena on J! 3.3.4.

From the looks of things, there does not appear to be a unique problem with installing K 3.0.6 on J! 3.3.4 and, for that reason, this topic should probably be marked as "solved". There is, however, a serious problem with J! 3.3.4 and it's something that the Joomla developers are working on. Until this more serious problem is resolved, it is probably good advice not to use J! 3.3.4.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #17 by Georgie
OK thank you for this precisions.

Do you know how long after the next Joomla or Kunena version to fix this problem?
Lately, there has been a version of Joomla per month, then I can probably wait (arf!).

Another question : in the solution to downgrade to Joomla 3.3.3, we must then copy-paste the files of extensions?
Indeed, my site has many extensions!

Thanx!
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Georgie.

More
9 years 6 months ago #18 by Georgie
Hey !

Have you see J 3.3.6 ?

Somebody have tested ?

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #19 by bobhembree
I tested J 3.3.6 this morning with K 3.06. It did not solve the Kunena pagination problem.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by bobhembree.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Georgie

More
9 years 6 months ago #20 by Georgie
OK

In your opinion, is it a serious problem in the current use of Kunena ?

Sorry I'm french, and I do not understand all the intricacies of the problem.

Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds