Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena 3.0.3 / Joomla 2.5.16 - Kunena Forum Updates disabled

More
10 years 4 months ago #1 by Robbie8
Hi,
I have upgraded from 2.0.3 to 3.0.3 on a Joomla 2.5.16 site and now I have a weird scenario.

When I first go to my Control Panel in the Admin Backend, it shows an exclamation mark and says "Kunena Forum Updates disabled"

Then I click on the icon and it enters the Kunena dashboard fine,

Then When I go back to the Control Panel again, it has a green tick saying Kunena Forum.

Is this normal - expected, or is there some setting affecting it?

Please see images attached

Thanks

Rob
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by coder4life
As long as the behavior is not repeated on a complete logout. Then you are ok.

There were a few issues where the control panel might not display the correct update information due to Joomla cache or broken update scenario. These issues are not specific to Kunena but a larger Joomla issue, especially when checking for updates. If I recall we wrote some code to reset the update/fix/repair URL once you enter Kunena. This is the reason why updates seemed to return to normal as our code is fixing the potential issue. Do not quote me on that though, as it has been a while, but at the top of my head that is what i remember.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by Robbie8
Hi,
I'm sorry but I have read the post and I can't confirm if there is an action, and if so to whom i should address the request. Is this a problem in Joomla 2.5.16 ? or in Kunena 3.0.3?

Should I be doing anything?

Rob

More
10 years 4 months ago #4 by Matias
Joomla disables updates if something goes wrong when it tries to get the updates (failed connection etc). After that you need to manually enable the updates from Joomla extension manager, otherwise you never get the updates anymore. This is "Joomla feature" and affects all components.

Because of that Joomla feature I added a check that tells users if the updates are disabled. And if you visit Kunena backend, it will automatically attempt to enable that feature again.

PS. In Joomla 3.1 you will loose updates forever if connection fails even once. And there's no way to get them back, other than manually by SQL query. Not sure if it is fixed in J!3.2.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds