Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Conflict with topic/subject names in replies getting mixed up

More
10 years 4 months ago #1 by Daviciacus
Hello,

Recently I have encountered an issue as follows:

Someone creates a topic with a particular name. Some people reply to it, the name of the topic remains the same. So far so good.
But suddenly, in one of the later replies, the name of the topic changes. It is not the person who posted the reply who did this, though, it seems to happen on its own. The name that appears instead, is that of a completely different topic in the same forum.

So you get something like this:

Topic with title A
Reply with title A
Reply with title A
Reply with title B
Reply with title B

Topic with title B
Reply with title B
Reply with title B

The replies themselves appear in the correct topic, only it seems that Kunena suddenly takes the name of a different topic instead.

I have searched these support forums to see if anyone else has encountered the same problem, but I couldn't find anything. Can you please help?

My site is running on Joomla 2.5 (updated last week to the latest 2.5 version)
Kunena is version 3.0.0.

(I'm not sure what else the diagnostics report is supposed to contain, if you need any more information please let me know)

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
See Rules for posting in K 3.0 Support category

Daviciacus wrote: Someone creates a topic with a particular [subject but] suddenly, in one of the later replies, ... the topic [subject] changes. It is not the person who posted the reply who did this, though, it seems to happen on its own ...

It is possible for the person posting a reply to choose a different subject when replying, in the reply. Only two people can change the subject of the topic: the topic owner or a forum moderator.

Daviciacus wrote: ... it seems that Kunena suddenly takes the name of a different topic instead

The topic name is inherited from the subject of the first message posted or when someone performs a moderator action. Unless there is a ghost, these are the only two ways a topic subject can change. Each reply can have a different subject to the topic subject. These replies can, in turn, create new threads within a topic. The person who creates the topic can edit their message and change the subject. The new subject will affect later replies. If a person starts a new thread within a topic, then all replies to that thread will use the subject of that thread. The difference between the subjects is whether people use the Reply Topic or Reply buttons. There is no defect here; this is how Kunena works.

Daviciacus wrote: Kunena is version 3.0.0

K 3.0.0 is unsupported. This topic does not meet the requirements for support (reporting a defect).

Daviciacus wrote: I'm not sure what else the diagnostics report is supposed to contain, if you need any more information please let me know)

We will not ask you for your configuration report. Either you will give it to us (without us asking for it) or you will not. For your information, topics posted in this support/defect-reporting category that do not include the configuration report are generally ignored by the developers.

For more on your question, please read Why is the subject changing all the time?
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds