Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question "Nofollow" or "Follow" attributes - W3C Failures

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #1 by Shimei
Hey there,

I removed all rel="nofollow" attributes and my W3C errors went down from 177 errors to only 17 which seemingly are template related.

Even when I changed them to rel="follow" this too fails W3C.

Seemingly the errors from W3C are as follows:

Line 548, Column 80: Bad value catid_1 for attribute rel on element a: The string catid_1 is not a registered keyword or absolute URL.

…tml" rel="follow" title="View Category 'Main Forum'">Main Forum</a></span></h1>

Syntax of link type valid for <a> and <area>:
A whitespace-separated list of link types, with no duplicate keywords in the list. Each link type must be listed as allowed on <a> and <area> in the HTML specification, or must be listed as allowed on <a> and <area> on the Microformats wiki, or must be an absolute URL. You can register link types on the Microformats wiki yourself.

I am using rereplacer from Joomla! Extensions Directory and happy with it thus far in that it allows these changes without hacking the Kunena files.

Just thought I should bring this discrepancy to the attention to the team...

If you're interested in what I had done with Rereplacer than here's the link to page I made to track my changes: Kunena 3 Replace all nofollow attributes

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Shimei.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I have committed a change for Kunena 3.0.4 to remove nofollow on topic links in categories index.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaosHead, Shimei

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds