Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged K 3.0.3 Template Manager (Blue Eagle) "Blend with Joomla" setting does not work with J 3.2.0

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #1 by Thijssen
Hi

In the past I succeeded to let Joomla use my site template as the Kunena template.
I can't find a way to use my Joomla template in Kunena with Joomla version 3.2 and Kunena versions 3.0.3

Has anybody a hint? Using the blend switch in the bottom of the settings from the BlueEagle template doesn't do the trick anymore.

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Thijssen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2 by Thijssen
Hi

I checked this against a fresh Joomla installation with 3.1.6 and 3.2. This is an issue between Kunena/BlueEagle and Joomla 3.2. The template gives errors with joomla 3.2. You can see this in the configuration screen of BlueEagle.

{HT}

More
10 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled

Thijssen wrote: The template gives errors with Joomla 3.2. You can see this in the configuration screen of Blue Eagle

Perhaps you can help us if we knew more about your site and the errors that you are getting. I have been using J! 3.2.0 with K 3.0.3 and I do not see any errors (in the Kunena Template Manager) when I set Blend with Joomla = Yes

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #4 by rich
I can confirm this issue. Please go in the Kunena Template Manager and save the setting again. Than it should work.
Please also look whether "Display Kunena Menu" is set to yes. Otherwise disappear the Kunena tabs after save.

I've reported it:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/2104
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by rich.

More
10 years 5 months ago #5 by Thijssen
Is more info still necessary as it is alreayd confirmed? I can send you screenshots and test things as I have a testsite for it at the moment.

The error I see is :

Forum Header Background

Warning: strtolower() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/xxxxx/domains/yyyyy/public_html/a32/libraries/joomla/form/fields/color.php on line 166

{HT}
The following user(s) said Thank You: rich

More
10 years 5 months ago #6 by rich
Thanks, but this info should be enough. This error generates the wrong settings in the template manager. If it is fixed, everything should work again.

More
10 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled
The error does not occur because you have set Blend with Joomla = Yes

The error happens if you try to use a null value or named colour value instead of a hex triplet value for another field such as the Forum Header Background.

The subject of this topic is misleading. The cause of the error is confirmed. The way to solve it has not been determined yet.

More
10 years 5 months ago #8 by Matias
The strlower() bug is really in Joomla, but there may be a way to work it around.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #9 by xillibit
The issue is coming from the following values in XML file which are empty : templatebyText, templatebyName, templatebyLink

P.S. : The solution is to remove in template.xml the follwing lines :
Code:
<field name="templatebyText" type="hidden" default="" /> <field name="templatebyName" type="hidden" default="" /> <field name="templatebyLink" type="hidden" default="" />

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by xillibit.

More
10 years 5 months ago #10 by Matias
The error is in color values being empty on existing installations, and the bug is inside Joomla class JFormFieldColor

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds