Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Category alias retention

More
10 years 8 months ago #1 by DeeEmm
Just stumbled across an issue relating to site category aliases whilst trying to rearrange categories.

If I create a category and then delete it, I am then not able to create another category with the same alias as the deleted category. Instead I get a message like the following:

Code:
Saving category 8 failed: Cannot save category: Alias 'site-support' has already been taken.

Checking the database I can see that even though the category has been deleted it is still present within the #__kunena_aliases table.

I can resolve the issue by I manually dropping the record from the database but this is obviously far from ideal.

/DM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
Joomla creates the alias, I think deleting database entries from Joomla is just part of the deal that comes with Joomla website management (and probably all the other types of website as well).

What I do is before I delete a Category, rename the Alias to something I won't use again and then create the new one.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Jiminimonka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds