Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Tab Error in Backend View.

More
10 years 8 months ago #1 by OuP
Dear community,

this was my first installation of Kunena. I have installed Kunena on my local xampp. Configuration report below.

I think there is an Jquery or Mootools error. It is not possible to get access to the different taps in the backend view. Firebug displays an error in the moobootstrap.js called TypeError: this.event is undefined - return this.event.defaultPrevented;

Anyone ideas?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : oup_red_4 | author: Dr. Obladen und Partner | version: 4.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1

Modules: None

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Tab Error in Backend View.
G'day, OuP, and welcome to Kunena.

Something is definitely not right with your Joomla website. You should see four "tabs" as shown in the following picture.

It is my guess that, because you have a Javascript run-time error, you are running another Joomla extension on your administrator site that prevents the Kunena dashboard from working properly. Have you tried to install Kunena on a clean Joomla base?

It is possible that your installation of K 3.0.1 is corrupted. Have you tried to re-install K 3.0.1?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: OuP

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #3 by OuP
Replied by OuP on topic Tab Error in Backend View.
Dear sozzled,

thanks a lot for the warm welcoming ;)

I see the four tabs too. The two tabs are displayed on main sections. I have the problem in the whole kunene configuration where the tabs are used. Acctually the only way to get access is to set the active class manually with firebug.

I will try the same on a clean Joomla installation in the course of this weekend. The Joomla configuration I have tested i a copy of a live system. I want to include the Kunena compenent on the live system when its working correctly.

Reinstalling Kunena I have already tried, but nothing changed. The problem is the same!

These are mya looded scipts in the Kunena Backend view:
Code:
<script src="/201307_kommunal/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/201307_kommunal/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/201307_kommunal/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/201307_kommunal/media/kunena/js/bootstrap/moobootstrap.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/201307_kommunal/media/system/js/multiselect.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/201307_kommunal/media/system/js/validate.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> window.addEvent('domready', function() { $$('.hasTip').each(function(el) { var title = el.get('title'); if (title) { var parts = title.split('::', 2); el.store('tip:title', parts[0]); el.store('tip:text', parts[1]); } }); var JTooltips = new Tips($$('.hasTip'), { maxTitleChars: 50, fixed: false}); }); </script>

Does this help?

Many thanks in advance!
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by OuP.

More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Try on a clean install of Joomla with nothing else added and,if it works, you can figure out what extra things you installed on your live site, one or more of which are likely to be the cause of your problem. Good luck. We will hear from you after it have completed your test.

More
10 years 8 months ago #5 by OuP
I have tried a clean install and all worked fine. Step by step I have installed all components, templates and plugins which are running on the live system and Kunena is still working fine. The bug with the tab error doesn't occur.

Now I am clueless. I don't have any ideas how I can fix the bug for my live system. Any more ideas?

Thanks in advance!

The report of the clean install:

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : oup_red_4 | author: Dr. Obladen und Partner | version: 4.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.1 | creationdate: 2013-06-29

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1

More
10 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled

OuP wrote: I have tried a clean install and all worked fine. Step by step I have installed all components, templates and plugins which are running on the live system and Kunena is still working fine. The bug with the tab error doesn't occur.

Very interesting.

The good news is that your test site, with the clean install, works perfectly!

It should not be too difficult to transfer the forum data, the users, etc., from your old broken site across to your new working site, and resume operations on your new site. :)

It looks to me like your old, broken, site was "broken" in Joomla.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OuP

More
10 years 8 months ago #7 by OuP
Dear sozzled,

thanks for helping me. I think you are right. It should be the best way to migrate the "broken" system in the clean one. So I head to work. ;)

Many thanks!

More
10 years 8 months ago #8 by AlvynK
I do not have fronend tab problem instead I have problem with backend tab.

When I go to configuration, the tabs were simply not responsive at all; nothing changes upon clicking on it. I can not change my Kunena setting now.

Try to reinstall Kuenena but problem persist.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : bt_arise | author: BowThemes.com | version: 1.1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9 | UddeIM 3.1

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

More
10 years 8 months ago #9 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, Alvyn, and welcome to Kunena.

I suggest you make the following changes to your forum integration plugin settings (as indicated below in red).

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=0 login=1 activity=1 avatar=1 profile=1 private=0
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Enabled: private=1

I also suggest that you clean up your Kunena menu items and use the standard menu until you have resolved your "backend" problems. See Kunena Menu issues .

You might also like to see what Oup (who started this topic) did to resolve his problem. Maybe his approach will also work for you?

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds