Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Images cutoff in smaller screen size

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by woonydanny
When viewing site on a wide screen, images that users have uploaded are shown in their entirety.

When viewing site on a smaller screen eg older laptop, Netbook, ipad etc the images are shown full size but with the right hand side cutoff.

They have not been resized down to fit within the forum message area.

How can i fix. i know there is some css magic that can help this

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by skybax
post your configuration report

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #3 by woonydanny
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 9900 seconds | Max execution memory: 1024M | Max file upload: 1024M

Joomla default template details : shape5_vertex | author: Shape5.com | version: 2.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.0 | creationdate: 2013-05-15

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.0 | 2013-05-15 [ Wanga ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!
| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.8.3 | Jomsocial 2.8.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.0 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.0 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.4 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.0 | Kunena Stats 3.0.0 | Kunena Login 3.0.0 | Kunena Search 3.0.0

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by woonydanny.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #4 by woonydanny
still have this issue. i think it must be the new Blue Eagle template that comes shipped with K3.0 that is causing this? or a conflict with my Shape5 Vertex (free) template?

here is image that shows image in forum post (note that it is showing at large size and hence doesnt fit in message area and so gets cropped).

here is full size image when you click on it.

So question is how to get image to autoresize to fit in the message area of the post like it used to before i upgraded to K3.0?

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by woonydanny.

More
10 years 9 months ago #5 by woonydanny
ok just realised that this happens on Kunena.og website as well now, so it must be a Blue Eagle template issue with K3.0

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
Screen real-estate (and the size of the what is displayed in the component area of your site template in Joomla) is determined mostly by the Joomla template that you are using.

Trying different Joomla templates may yield different results. Have you experimented with your forum using different Joomla templates? :dry:

woonydanny wrote:

... this happens on Kunena.og website as well now, so it must be a Blue Eagle template issue with K3.0

Not necessarily. The template we're using on this site is not a fully "responsive" template that automatically adjusts everything to accommodate larger than usual images. Unless something has changed in the past couple of weeks (while I was away overseas) that someone hasn't told me about, I'm not entirely sure I know how best to advise you.

Typically, large images are resized on-the-fly by a server utility called "GD-something".
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 9 months ago #7 by woonydanny
sozzled i think you posted that before my last post. It happens on kunena.org as well so it is a blue eagle template issue I would think

More
10 years 9 months ago #8 by woonydanny
i had same joomla template when i used K2.0 and it displayed like i want it to. Only changed when i upgraded to K3.0

More
10 years 9 months ago #9 by sozzled
Yes, I just updated my earlier message to include the recent updates you posted while I was in the process of replying to you. (See above)

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #10 by skybax
For Kunena.org if you modify that css line all is ok, see if this helps you.

#Kunena img {
height: auto !important;
max-width: inherit [strike]!important;[/strike]
}
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by skybax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds