Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Installation failed on fatal error

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by KPDub
My apologies if I get some of this wrong, new to this forum and software. Looking at getting rid of IPBoard and using this to get everything into Joomla

Anyway, I have installed the package, it has run the first part of the installation (unpacking?) then on the installer screen it goes as follows;
  • Preparing Installation
  • Prepare installation
  • Sorry, installation failed on fatal error!

Clicking on the Installation Details button displays - Prepare Installation...OK

I have error checking on and have tried this with it at various settings (including off) and no joy.

System Information as follows;

PHP Version 5.3.23
Joomla Version 2.5.9

Please let me know if I need to provide any more infomation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
There's a Net tab in FireBug that allows you to see the network traffic (AJAX requests) during the installation process. By using it you can open each request and see the response. I'd like to know both response code and the contents of the response.

(Hoping that I wasn't too technical for you)

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #3 by KPDub
Installed Firebug as requested.

Took this from the response element, is this what you are looking for?

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" " www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd ">
<html xmlns=" www.w3.org/1999/xhtml " xml:lang="en-gb" lang="en-gb" dir="ltr" >
<head>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/system/css/system.css" type="text/css" />
<link href="templates/bluestork/css/template.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<!--[if gte IE 7]>
<link href="templates/bluestork/css/ie7.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<![endif]-->
</head>
<body id="minwidth-body">
<div id="border-top" class="h_blue">
<span class="logo"><a href=" www.joomla.org " target="_blank">Joomla!
</div>
<div id="content-box">
<div class="border">
<div class="padding">
<h1>-1 - An error has occurred.</h1>
<p>Folder already exists</p>
<p><a href="index.php">Return to Control Panel</a></p>
<p></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="clr"></div>
<noscript>
Warning! JavaScript must be enabled for proper operation of the Administrator backend. </noscript>
<div class="clr"></div>
<div id="border-bottom"><div><div></div></div></div>

</body>
</html>

It was part of a 500 error.

The two things that jumped out to this noob is the "folder already exists" and "javascript must be enabled"

Can't find a setting for the latter anywhere in Joomla. No idea what folder it is talking about in the first instance.

Just to add to this, when it lists the domains, after the 500 error it comes up with actions from ;

savingsslider-a.akamaihd.net
d.trkjmp.com

Now this is a fresh joomla install from a trusted source.

Just letting you know incase someone has hijacked your file somehow
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by KPDub.

More
10 years 11 months ago #4 by KPDub
To update this, had my hosting company run virus and malware checks against my site and the results came back clean

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by Matias
Error happened in Joomla installer, saying that folder already exists. As Joomla errors are always so good, its hard to tell which one.

This kind of errors usually happen when there's something broken in your Joomla installation (admin component folder without manifest?). You may want to try to uninstall Kunena and try again after that.

More
10 years 10 months ago #6 by cv2000
I had the same problem and found the firebug info very confusing. I would have thought that Joomla/Kunena would have a log file where details of errors would be listed but I could not find one.
Anyway the solution I found was that there was a folder kunena in the cache folder. Deleting this enabled the install to work.

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds