Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Installing Kunena 2 and keeping Kunena 3 posts?

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #1 by robertbseattle
We tried using Kunena 3 but as it turns out we need to take a step back to Joomla 2.5, so this means we need to work with Kunena 2. Any advice for saving member posts that have already started on K3?

Found this wiki article but it does not mention downgrading from K3.
www.kunena.org/docs/Downgrading_Kunena

Yes, I know... Kunena 3 is in beta and not supported. Just looking for advice and understand this may not be possible.

Thanks,
- Rob
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by robertbseattle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
The article you referred to ( Downgrading Kunena ) was written 4 years ago and has no practical use today. That is why there is a big banner at the top of the page that states:

This page is presently inactive and kept primarily for historical interest.

The best source of information about upgrading (and downgrading) K 3.0, is found here: K 3.0 Upgrade Guide

That's my advice. I hope it helps you.

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by Matias
But Why?

Kunena 3.0 works fully in Joomla! 2.5, so you can just keep on using it. Getting the posts from J!3.0 to J!2.5 is just matter of copying all the kunena tables and files (/media/kunena) into Joomla! 2.5 installation. The harder part is to figure out how to get all the users etc back to J!2.5.

PS. Kunena 3.0 can be downgraded to K2.0 just by installing the older version back. But the downgrade only works when K3.0 hasn't been uninstalled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robertbseattle

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds