Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged K 3.0.0b1 Installation stalls

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Grey Sheep
Hi

I have tried the Kunena 3.0.0 beta upgrade on a copy of my live live site.
The copy runs on a PC using Microsoft WebMatrix with Joomla 2.5.9.

The upload works fine, but then it us stuck on the Installing Kunena section at "preparing installation as shown in the image below.There are no details shown from the "details" button

If I cancel and go to the Kunena component from the backend the same process runs again with the same results. This means I cannot attach a config report.

I can find no log files to show what progress has been made or what it is stuck on.

Sorry it sis not very helpful for a first post, but where should I look to find more diagnostics?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #2 by DavidM
Subject says it all really.

* On install I got an empty popup and it hung.
* Manually closed the popup and the general Joomla admin continued to work normally.
* Went to Components>Kunena Forum and all links failed with page execution errors.
* Went to System>Clear Cache and cleared the cache. Installation then completed and everything works fine.

System Information
PHP Built OnLinux 3.7.2-201.fc18.x86_64 SMP
Database Version5.5.29-log
Database Collationutf8_general_ci
PHP Version5.4.10
Web ServerApache/2.4.3 (Fedora) OpenSSL/1.0.1c-fips PHP/5.4.10 mod_wsgi/3.4 Python/2.7.3 mod_perl/2.0.7 Perl/v5.16.2
WebServer to PHP Interfaceapache2handler
Joomla! VersionJoomla! 3.0.3 Stable [ Ember ] 04-February-2013 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform VersionJoomla Platform 12.2.0 Stable [ Neil Armstrong ] 21-September-2012 00:00 GMT
User AgentMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.31 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/26.0.1410.43 Safari/537.31

Thanks for releasing this BETA for us on J3.0 to test.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #3 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic K 3.0.0b1 Installation stalls
Go to System>Clear Cache and cleared the cache.

Then try again.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #4 by 810
Thanks for the report.

Other user have the same issue. I ask him do the same.
If he has the same issue. Then we can look at the problem.

Regards 810

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #5 by sozzled
*** Topics merged by moderator ***

No doubt, other people will encounter this problem.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #6 by DavidM
Tried this again today but with clearing the cache before install.

Hit the same issue which could possibly be client side with chrome blocking popups. Chrome version is 26.0.1410.43 m.

I noticed the thread on HTTP Error 500, get the same errors with this issue, here are some more details and screenshots.

1. Cleared the Cache
  2. Install v3.0.0 BETA 1
  3. Install stalls with empty popup (although states installed in the background)
  4. Try to access any kunena menu results in HTTP Error 500
  5. Clear the cache again, go to Components>Kunena Forums and the install completes
  6. go to Components>Kunena Forums again and it's in a working state

Additional config missing from my original post:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 256M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.0-BETA1 | creationdate: 2013-04-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.0-BETA1 | 2013-04-02 [ Wanga ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #7 by Matias
Thanks for the report!

No, it's not anything that blocks popups -- to me it looks like that PHP is trying to load the old version of the file, which of course fails.

Do you have APC or some other PHP accelerator turned on in your site? Because of the issue looks like file caching issue.

Hmm.. Does chrome have a tool where you can follow ajax calls (like FireBug in FireFox)? And does the installation work in FF?

If there's a tool to find out what requests and replies are sent, we can pretty easily find out what's happening during the installation. Also looking into php error logs should help, there's probably fatal error among the last entries in the log.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #8 by DavidM
I have not installed any 3rd party accelerators.

The Joomla cache settings are:
CacheON - Progressive caching
Cache HandlerFile
Cache Time45

Chrome does have developer tools with inspect element or I could install FF and Firebug, this will have to wait until later when I've finished work.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #9 by DavidM
With Chrome using the developer tools, this shows in the console
Code:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) **website**/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=install&format=raw Port error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. miscellaneous_bindings:236 chromeHidden.Port.dispatchOnDisconnect miscellaneous_bindings:236

I tried with IE10 and hit the same issue.
The site is just used as a test, something that is automatically refreshed once a week. If a kunena dev would like admin access to test an install themselves, [strike]please pm me[/strike] please drop me an email?
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by DavidM.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #10 by 810
Try to disable all extentsions on chrome and try again, maybe a chrome bug..

Time to create page: 0.634 seconds